• Lincoln Center Out of Doors concerts are free on summer weekends, as well as a slew of other free shows all around the five boroughs.
• Shopping: I like thrift stores like Buffalo Exchange, Housing Works and Angel Street. The flea markets are great for old books, jewelry, art and random pieces. I love the Hell’s Kitchen flea market for its assortment of oddities and vintage goodies.
• Catch a comedy, burlesque or an off-off Broadway performance for the same price as a movie. You can find a lot of affordable shows downtown.
• Cross the Brooklyn Bridge from Manhattan to Brooklyn. Once over the bridge, wander Brooklyn Bridge Park, get ice cream at the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory or catch lunch or dinner at Vinegar Hill House (a bit of a walk away but very much worth it).
• Take a helicoptor ride over the city!
• If you’re a Friends fan, then you obviously have to see the famous apartment on the corner of Grove and Bedford. And then roam the West Village because it’s the loveliest.
• During the holidays, tour my old neighborhood Dyker Heights for the most over-the-top, extravagant Christmas lights home displays.
See more suggestions under Category: NYC (or click this link to take you straight there!)