tv talk + other things

Let’s chat!cape may curtain

Can we talk TV for a minute? Broad City. I started watching the first season on Amazon Prime and this show is the FUNNIEST EVER. I feel sort of ashamed because Bob had been trying to talk me into it for a while and I was always so, “Eh, maybe another day”. Now that I’ve seen it, I’m hooked. It’s fantastic and I absolutely recommend you watch it, that is if you’re not already. It’s like a way funnier and more absurd version of Girls. Speaking of Girls, am I the only person finding this season to be really boring? A lot of it is focused on Hannah as usual, but I find her character to be the least interesting out of anyone on the show. Her scenes in Iowa? Snoooooze. Wake me up when that’s over. Dance Moms! OMG. The mothers and the dance teachers are…I don’t even know. Every episode, I’m hating someone new, it seems. Now I remember why I stopped watching reality shows. And yet, I still kind of love it. That’s the thing with these shows. You know they’re terrible, but you can’t look away. Another one I’ve been watching (I watch a LOT of tv, in case you couldn’t tell): Parenthood. Really solid show. For me, it’s not a binge-watch, so I’ve been taking my time with it which feels very different and refreshing for me. I’m really enjoying it so far though.

The other day, I felt the baby’s kicks for the first time. Last night was the strongest I’ve ever felt her and it was nothing short of amazing. She’s quite squirmy. Holy crap, there’s a baby in there.

It was so cold and icy on Monday that the outside doorbells for our building were getting frozen stuck anytime a guest or delivery person pressed it, hence doorbells going off like mad that night. Kinda’ funny when you hear it happen to your neighbors. Not so funny when it happens to you.

This weather. The snow, the ice, the wind chills. Do we even need to talk about it? Winter sucks.

Quick house update: looks like we will be closing on the house soon! I’m just excited that this kid is going to have her own nursery filled with books, toys and all the necessary stuff, which is something she wouldn’t have had in our current apartment. I’m also excited to, you know…finally own a home. Have our own washing machine and dryer! No more trips to the laundromat! Laundry is probably my most loathed chore. Scrubbing the tub is a very close second. Which reminds me…ugh.

So, 50 Shades of Grey? The book was terrible and the trailers look even worse. But! I still want to see it. I feel like it’s going to be one of those so-bad-that-it’s-actually-good kind of movies.  Right up there with Showgirls. I think the key will be seeing it with someone who can make fun of it with me. What do you think? Are you going to check it out?

14 responses to “tv talk + other things”

Amen, winter totally sucks and I can’t wait to hear more about the house. FINALLY!

2. Sharon says:

COngratulations on the house!!!
    As for Fifty Shades of Grey. I could not get through the first chapter, and looking at those trailers kind of leaves me with a “I will wait until it comes to cable” feeling. I just could not understand what all the excitment (no pun intended) over these books was all about.

• Jillian says:

Thanks Sharon! Not reading past the first chapter was a good idea, hahah. The book is kind of laughably bad, which leads me to believe the movie will be the same. Entertaining nonetheless!

3. Big congrats on the house!!! You must be so excited. Nesting looks fun.

4. ashley says:

My friend Rachel is trying to coax me to see 50 Shades of Grey with her…I don’t know about that. You what’s coming out in the summer though?? Magic Mike XXL. Ohhhh yeah. Horrible story line, hot men. ;D

Yay to bebop kicking!

• Jillian says:

OMG yes! Bad story, but I really loved the dancing lol. I’m actually not into Channing Tatum but he’s so talented and that Pony number he did in the first movie…well, that was just fantastic. You should totally go see 50 Shades just to laugh at it. Funny, I’m actually texting with a friend right now who wants to do the same exact thing. We’re making plans to see it, haha. Also, I really Dakota Johnson. I’ll never forgive NBC for cancelling her show Ben & Kate. That was one of the funniest shows I’ve ever seen.

5. em says:

Yay on the house! I completely forgot about Girls. Will probably still watch but I’m so lukewarm about it. I’ve been meaning to check out broad city too. I keep hearing great things. As for 50 shades, I’m not watching or reading. Mostly out of stubbornness. I’ve resolved to never do that or twilight.

6. Melissa says:

You’re making me laugh!

I’m going to see 50 Shades with a friend and we will absolutely be laughing the entire time. Because we are mature.

Agree about GIRLS. Get back to life in New York City. That’s part of why everyone loves the show. And I definitely want to know what’s going on with the other characters. I think Shoshanna should get more screen time – she’s hilarious.

So I need to check out Broad City…and I too have good things about Parenthood.

Also YAY on the house situation. So many exciting things happening for you guys right now.

• Jillian says:

You know, it doesn’t even bother me so much that she’s in Iowa and not NYC. It’s more that I think the storyline is just plain ol’ boring. But yes, get to other characters! They’re way more fascinating than Hannah.

7. Jamillah says:

OMG! Yay for closing! I am hilariously going w/ 5 other girls to see 50 Shades of Gray I did not read the book because I read about 20 pages and my literacy was totally offended, BUT I am going w/ 3 huge fans of the book and 2 plus me total anti book, so i like the split! I agree re: the trailers…they look so damn bad, I think the movie could be that really friggin good kind of bad! Excited!

PS-You look so very pretty in that picture by the way.