the brilliance of fall in central park

lake

Originally, I had planned to go on this Hudson River fall cruise that was supposed to showcase the beauty of fall along New York City and upstate New York. Since those plans unfortunately fell through, I thought, Central Park! Central Park will have what I want.

vignette

And it did. It really really did.

fall

Geez, the park was breathtakingly gorgeous. It was bursting with saturated fall colors and felt like walking in a Bob Ross painting. Side note: I watched his show The Joy of Painting when I was a kid because I was soothed by the gentleness of his voice, the soft strokes of his brush and the depicting of places I had never seen in real life. It was enchanting and other-wordly.

Now if I want to see his paintings, I just go to my dentists’s office. He’s got them all over his walls and Lite FM (an adult comtemporary radio station that likes to play Michael Bolton and Peter Gabriel, for those that don’t know) playing in the background. That seems so fitting when looking at a Bob Ross, doesn’t it?

path

Getting ready for the New York City marathon! [below]

marathon

Then it started to pour, so Bob and I decided to book it and treat ourselves to a huge cookie from Levain Bakery. Until we saw the ridiculous line and then decided, you know, Jacques Torres is just around the corner and their cookies, while not as decadent, are a fine substitute! I will tell you this, I think these cookies are best enjoyed when heated in the microwave for a few seconds. Those enormous disks of chocolate nestled in the soft cookie get all gooey and messy and delicious. It’s pretty much the only way to eat it. I feel these things are important for you to know.

golden

10 responses to “the brilliance of fall in central park”

Wowza – that first picture! Central Park is certainly putting on a show

2. Lauren says:

Gorgeous! Our leaves are barely starting to turn here. I always start out feeling so disappointed in fall here in coastal VA, and then, come mid-November I remember! We’re behind everyone else. By the 3rd week, we’re a riot of color, and it’s totally worth the wait. But every year I forget that.

That cruise sounds awesome. Maybe I’ll join you next year! 😉

3. Rowena says:

Wow thanks for reminding me of how gorgeous Central Park can be during the fall!

Rowena @ rolala loves

4. Lena says:

Swooning over these amazing images–you captured fall so beautifully!

5. Laura says:

Oh my gosh those trees are gorgeous! I wish I had come to NYC in November! Also, I totally agree with the cookie thing. Definitely better.

6. Emily Smith says:

I think we’re kindred spirits. I LOVE Bob Ross and taped (in the VCR) all of his shows. I did actually follow his tutorials to learn how to paint when I was 13-ish. I loved how he would talk about little squirrels and woodland creatures hopping in the trees he was painting…what a guy! But these pictures, they are breathtaking. Central Park is a gorgeous place, I’ve gotten lost in many times :)

7. Nikki says:

now I want a cookie! Central Park looks gorgeous with all the colored leaves. I need to visit in the Fall. I only ever go there in the summer and there are soooo many people!

XOXO