the george castanza wallet gets a makeover

This was what my Dad’s wallet used to look like.
huge wallet

We called it the George Castanza. He had everything in there. Rewards cards, frequent shopper cards, expired PBA cards and goodness knows what else was in there that hadn’t been pulled out in years.

And here is what it looks like now.

comaprison

Still got some heft, but he refuses to part with his several years’ worth of expired PBA’s. He claims he’s “got reasons”.

That’s my dad. Always prepared for anything and everything. And probably the only person I know that stands a chance during the zombie apocalypse!

Happy Father’s Day weekend!

———-

Now…links!

• Speaking of which, I’m making a genuine effort to listen to new music (I barely know anything passed 2003). Now, I have this song on repeat.

9 responses to “the george castanza wallet gets a makeover”

That is a dad wallet FOR SURE. Happy Father’s Day to your dad

2. angela says:

That looks like my husband’s wallet. I found a receipt from the grocery store from a town he has not lived there for 8 years. I love the links specially the “cultural norms.” He talks so much about Brazilians. I am Brazilian, I had to laugh. Hope you don’t mind if I re-use that link. Happy Father’s Day to you father!

3. Alli says:

this is simply hilarious

4. ashley says:

I love the first link, especially when the white dude said he was listening to little wayne!!! haha.

Sweater Weather is a great song!

5. That is hilarious. My wallets is very much like that, because I like to keep all my receipts for some reason.

• Jillian says:

I’m a receipt hoarder too! But instead of my wallet, they’re just flying around in my bag. The other day, I found a receipt from 8 months ago. Probably should clean out my bags more often.

6. Luxury says:

What’s the difference between out of fashion and old fashioned?

7. ‘He claims he’s “got reasons”……. is hilarious!!! I like keeping old PBA cards too, but we add them to Business ID Card Book Holder Case (cost like $10, holds a gazillion cards <- may be a great present) :)