macaron parlour

macaronsI know a lot of people go mad for Ladurée macarons, but I’m really loving the flavors over at Macaron Parlour in the East Village. I tried a few, including the s’mores and the candied bacon, but it’s the honey & cognac that makes me weak in the knees. Last night, I told Bob that we absolutely needed to treat ourselves asap, as my cravings for sweets this week have been out of control. We’re nowhere near this place and it’ll end up being something completely out of the way for us this weekend, but this what you do for the things you love. Sacrifices, people.

Hope you have a happy weekend!

———–

• Parenting lessons from around the world . Even as a non-parent, I found this so interesting.
  • Be happy you don’t live in any of these.

8 responses to “macaron parlour”

1. Yelle says:

I adore macarons! While in Paris, every American was going crazy over laduree but my husband and I found a smaller shop like yours and all of the flavored were better! This week I’ve been craving sweets too. I may or may not have had ice cream for dinner at some point…

2. Oh my goodness what a great picture! I could almost tast the macarons through my iPhone screen haha! They look delicious!!

3. Fabulous picture Jillian! They sound really good! Glad you enjoyed.

4. Laura says:

Ugh those apartments! It’s amazing what people will offer! I couldn’t imagine living in a place with no windows.

5. Lena says:

Honey & cognac?! Sounds like heaven! Happy weekend!

6. Jenny says:

super interesting article on parenting and I’m not even a parent!

7. Daina says:

Macarons are my absolute favorite! I have not been to Macaron Parlour yet, but I recently tried bisous, ciao. and loved their selection. The flavors you mentioned sound wonderful; I might need to head there this weekend as well! I caved and bought a Lauduree t-shirt from Uniqlo and wore it yesterday, which made my slightly hungry all day long for macarons!

I hope you have a great weekend!

8. angela says:

I loooove macarons! My husband gave me a small box of macarons for Christmas and I loved it. We live in the middle of nowhere and I appreciate any news of where I can do online shopping for good ones. Yes, that photo is gorgeous. Wishing you a lovely Sunday!!