bob the builder

robotA few weekends ago, Bob started working on a project for school in which he created a stop-motion video of a robot building itself. It was his first try at something like this and he was super intense about it. Like blood, sweat and tears intense. Only without the blood and tears. But the sweat – oh, there was a lot of that. That happens when you have ninja-like focus and an apartment’s-worth of lamps surrounding you.

bob2 bob

Oh look! I helped too. A little.
helping

And now the video. Must view it with sound! Bonus points if you catch the butcher Photoshop jobs. Apparently he was trying to cover up grease stains from his sandwich on the kitchen counter. Boys.

For the record, it doesn’t do anything but travel. I’m sure it could be useful for something. Like transporting an object from one side of the room to another? Maybe? No?

I still think it’s a fun piece, especially when you keep at it until the very end. I mean, that music! So sinister.

My robot-builder. Not only do I think he’s cute when he’s engrossed in work, but I’m mighty proud of him too.

7 responses to “bob the builder”

1. Jillian, he did a great job! I loved the video. HaHaHa Watch out! He may start adding notes to it, like “make me a sandwich” etc and send it to me. LOL It COULD transport things if outfitted for it.

2. Lena says:

This is crazy amazing!!

3. Marlen says:

HAHA greese stains from his sammie- that is such a boy thing for sure. And jesus, I can only imagine how tedious it was to make that video. It looks really cool though- awesome work! And that music seriously is sinister. I played it at the kitchen table and my mom asked if someone was going into battle haha

xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

• Jillian says:

VERY tedious. And then running all the images through Photoshop was a nightmare. All worth it in the end!

Haha, I love that your mom thought you were going to battle. The music is actually meant to mimic the theme from the Terminator movies. So the whole battle/war thing isn’t entirely off!

4. angela says:

Whau, the fruits of a lot of work! Phenomenal! He did a great job and I can see you were a great assistant!
    I like the music, it created attention !

way to go bob – the stop motion part was great!

6. Jamillah says:

go bob! i love that he was thoughtful enough to know grease stains would not be so cute in his video. i know how time consuming these things are to make and i agree i think it’s way too cute to see my honey all smart and worky :).

great music choice, sneaky spooky menacing.