a baking mistake that ended up being not that terrible

I took liberties with these lemon cookies and I shouldn’t have.

When in doubt of a coookie’s aesthetic appeal, cover with confectioner’s sugar to hide the lumpiness. Pretend like that was the plan all along.

Happy weekend!

—-

• Remember these tips on the next trip to the grocery store.
  • Would you take your coffee this way? I’m intrigued.
  • It doesn’t get any more heart-melting than this. Seriously.

13 responses to “a baking mistake that ended up being not that terrible”

1. Sandra says:

Great article about the food companies and labels. It’s so gross what we’re often consuming without even noticing. Have you seen “Food Inc” ?

And sign me up for the book shirts and some eyebrow-extensions for my cat!

2. Kyla says:

Those cookies have been on my to-bake list for a few weeks now! Usually recipes never come out looking as picture-perfect as I had hoped. Did they at least taste good?

• Jillian says:

They did! I halved the sugar and added more lemon. But that’s not the reason why they came out shapeless. I mistakenly added half & half to the eegg mixture, which made the cookie very cakey (not chewy). Weird, because I knew this when I put started pouring in the cream.

3. Wendy says:

Omg, the baby and the dog… too cute! As for the coffee, probably not but it’s a great way to get the extra nutrients in and up the taste of your java without using dairy (I’m partial to rice, hemp or almond milk). As for the lemon cookies (yum), they look delicious. :)

4. Gloria says:

I love love love that cat with eyebrows – too funny!

5. Laura says:

OMG those puppies… that baby… aaaah! I die.

6. Lena says:

Those cookies look divine! PS–did you check out that NYTimes excerpt of Sugar, Salt, Fat? SO fascinating!!

• Jillian says:

Hmmm, I don’t recall if I did. Did that article come out this week? I’ll have to look for it. I like reading about that stuff because it tends to put me off bad-for-you foods, at least for a few days (haha).

7. angela says:

Oh, butter with coffee, what a novelty! I should try it. No, I don’t like the idea of animals tooo close to a baby even if it’s just a puppy. They are both adorable but one at the time. The cat with eyebrows is super adorable!!!

8. Amanda says:

The photos on your blog are stunning! xx

9. Alyssa says:

lol cute!

and delicious! 😉

yeah – baking is not something to mess around with. but your solution is ingenious :) a happy mistake, indeed.

and for my coffee? cinnamon is my secret ingredient (of course. i love that spice so hard). it’s the best thing to add to anything, particularly coffee.

I’ll take one of every single one of those book t-shirts please :)