5 things you may or may not know about me (you probably don’t)

I rarely participate in tags because I feel like I can’t ever come up with an interesting answer for anything.What do I say? I sleep on the side of the bed farthest from the window? I like ketchup on my fries? Do people really care? But I’ve been having so much fun reading them on other people’s blogs that I decided to really think on it this time and break out a little something.

1. I was in two anti-smoking campaigns as a teenager. One was a national commercial and the other was a print advertisement of me holding a cigarette, pretending to be the “cool kid” that’s really a delinquent. A friend told me she once saw my billboard above a strip joint in Connecticut.

2. I don’t like wearing socks. I hate how they feel on my feet. They are the first things to come off when I get home (besides my shoes, duh). Same goes for gloves, but I will wear them if it’s cold enough.

3. At one time, I was afraid of lighting matches. I thought I would accidentally light my finger on fire because of how short the matches were. It was only about a year or two ago when I finally lit one. It took me a few tries to keep my hand from shaking, but I did it. Now I’m a match-lighting pro!

4. A few years ago, I went to an Orgy concert and when they started to play Blue Monday, the lead singer Jay Gordon came down into the crowd and held the mic in front of me so I could sing into it (I did). That one’s in my top 3 favorite concerts.

5. I’m so awkward when it comes to greeting certain people. Do we hug, do we kiss, do we do both? I feel so weird when I go in for the kiss-hug combo and the other person is already pulling away after a quick kiss. It’s like, Oh hey you don’t want to hug me? Fine then!

Thanks Laura for tagging me! I think I’ll go ahead and tag every single one of you reading this. Whether you want to do it below or in your own blog post is up to you. I’d be interested to read them.

18 responses to “5 things you may or may not know about me (you probably don’t)”

1. I could have written #2 and #3 myself, and I really love #1.

2. cara says:

i am soooo scared to light matches! lol
    great list <3

3. Rowena says:

I’m totally the same way about socks. Sometimes I’d rather have cold feet than put them on lol.

Rowena @ rolala loves

4. Gloria says:

I still haven’t gotten over my match lighting fear! We only have long lighters at our house :-)

5. hahaha jillian! you are too funny! you did a great job answering these questions. that billboard advertisement and concert sound awesome! i know of noone who has done that. that’s great! LOL at hugging! people are so finicky nowadays.

6. Debashree says:

ur blog has my favorite name it and that’s coffee i Just love it and your blog too
    nice blog Following you
    will be glad if drop to my blog too http://marvelouslifestyle.blogspot.com

7. You have lived quite the life! That Orgy story is priceless! :)

8. angela says:

Nice to learn a bit more about you! I like the number one answer. Great photo of you!

9. Lena says:

I love these–particularly because I could feel myself blushing reading no. 5! A blog friend recently wrote me an email summarizing everything she knew about me from my blog, and I thought it was hysterical!

10. Laura says:

Loved your five things!! I’m glad you participated even though you don’t like doing them 😉 I can relate to the sock thing… I will wear them if I am cold but don’t ever wear them to bed! And so funny you were in anti-smoking campaigns! You are so gorgeous I’m sure you could model in other ads if you pursued it. The hug/handshake/kiss thing is always so awkward – I hate it when I don’t know what to do!

11. I love reading these. And oh gosh can I relate to the awkward greetings of kisses/hugs etc. I find I start to topple towards the person when they lean back when I thought we were going to hug so my bodyweight going forward sometimes means it gets even more awkward when i have to hang on to them anyway!

12. Jamillah says:

oh i’m so happy you did this!!

can you please find these psa’s!!! i want to see your little anti-smoking/cool kid self.

and i’m a hugger, don’t feel awkward saying hi to me :).

• Jillian says:

I never feel awkward saying hi to you!!! I sensed you were a hugger from the start. With some people, I can tell. Others, not so much.

As for the ads, I have the commercial on VHS and the print ad….no clue. I never even got to see it when it was up! Though, once I figure out how to copy from a VHS tape, then it’s ON.

13. Claire says:

“I don’t like wearing socks. I hate how they feel on my feet. They are the first things to come off when I get home (besides my shoes, duh).”

Aaaaaaagh! I have never met a fellow sock-hater before. Are they not THE most irritating, unattractive wardrobe items or what? I hold a theory that you can make any single item of clothing sexy…except socks. Think about it. *No one* looks good in just socks.

14. Amanda says:

I thought I’d pop over and visit your blog! Too funny… I also hate wearing socks and was (am) scared of lighting matches. Also, jealous that you live in New York!