I rarely participate in tags because I feel like I can’t ever come up with an interesting answer for anything.What do I say? I sleep on the side of the bed farthest from the window? I like ketchup on my fries? Do people really care? But I’ve been having so much fun reading them on other people’s blogs that I decided to really think on it this time and break out a little something.
1. I was in two anti-smoking campaigns as a teenager. One was a national commercial and the other was a print advertisement of me holding a cigarette, pretending to be the “cool kid” that’s really a delinquent. A friend told me she once saw my billboard above a strip joint in Connecticut.
2. I don’t like wearing socks. I hate how they feel on my feet. They are the first things to come off when I get home (besides my shoes, duh). Same goes for gloves, but I will wear them if it’s cold enough.
3. At one time, I was afraid of lighting matches. I thought I would accidentally light my finger on fire because of how short the matches were. It was only about a year or two ago when I finally lit one. It took me a few tries to keep my hand from shaking, but I did it. Now I’m a match-lighting pro!
4. A few years ago, I went to an Orgy concert and when they started to play Blue Monday, the lead singer Jay Gordon came down into the crowd and held the mic in front of me so I could sing into it (I did). That one’s in my top 3 favorite concerts.
5. I’m so awkward when it comes to greeting certain people. Do we hug, do we kiss, do we do both? I feel so weird when I go in for the kiss-hug combo and the other person is already pulling away after a quick kiss. It’s like, Oh hey you don’t want to hug me? Fine then!
Thanks Laura for tagging me! I think I’ll go ahead and tag every single one of you reading this. Whether you want to do it below or in your own blog post is up to you. I’d be interested to read them.