a few things over the weekend

Last weekend I learned…

I’m not as lost as I think I am. Sometimes things are just so clear to me, it’s actually kind of frightening.

that flourless chocolate cake* is everything! But yes, there is such a thing as too much of it.

that the decision to cancel the cable is not going to be as devastating as I think. Or maybe it’s the hugest mistake ever?!

that I am so happy to have a guy that wakes up with a smile on his face every morning. Even when I accidentally wake him up at 8am on a Saturday.

that after seeing some childhood things in the “garage sale” pile at my parents’ house, I have a deep attachment to them, hence I proudly own Barbie plasticware now. And the bowl is perfect for cereal (this is important to me).

and the Puppy Bowl beats the Super Bowl any day.

*Cake recipe found here via The Soho. I used less than half the amount of sugar and it came out quite well.

12 responses to “a few things over the weekend”

1. Sophie says:

sounds like a good weekend! that chocolate cake looks incredible!

2. Rori says:

I have been having the debate regarding my cable bill for awhile now. When I received my last bill guess what rates are going up yet again.Its struggle.I like tv probably a bit too much.

• Jillian says:

Me too! But Netflix and Hulu ar going to help me get through it (I hope). I imagine it will be one of those things that will be hard at first and then get easier after a few weeks. Maybe I’ll even get things done – like my laundry! Hahah. Let me know of you decide to do it!

3. Kendra says:

we quit cable every spring/summer and netflix absolutely gets you through! also, crazy enough, almost all the shows i watched are available online. so that’s a bonus too!

good luck! you got this.

• Jillian says:

Ha, thanks Kendra! Yeah, mostly all of the shows I watch are available on basic TV anyway (which we’ll still have). And thank goodness for the internet!

4. Miya says:

Okay, let’s discuss that cake… and by discuss it I mean eat it.
    So proud of you for taking the no-cable leap. I’m sure it will be a learning experience. Also, a chance to bond with your Mister. Good Luck.

5. Alyssa says:

That cake looks AMAZING.

I applaud you for taking the Babie plate! It’s adorable, anyways, and maybe you’ll decide to keep it until you have kiddos?? haha!

i don’t have tv. hulu plus is my best friend – you will make it through! and NO – there is no such thing as too much flourless chocolate cake 😉

this is the second flourless chocolate cake i’ve seen in two days. i think it’s nature’s way of saying i need some in my belly! we don’t have tv, and i’m so glad! we can watch everything on hulu which is more flexible with our schedule and less time wasted with commercials :)

You can survive (without cable) – plus there’s always Hulu :)

9. ashley says:

That Barbie bowl would surely brighten a Monday morning. I never would classify you as lost 😉

10. Yelle says:

You won’t regret not having cable! I find that we have so much time on our hands. And when we really want to watch something, we find it on the internet. We spend time watching what we want to and not whatever is on.

And I am totally sentimental like you and would bring home all of my old toys if I saw them for sale.