how we’re spending our monday off…

We Bob is organizing our new bookshelf (which came from here). He enjoys it, while I enjoy not doing it, so it works out well for both of us.

Our house is a giant mess of books.

It’s kind of cute watching him so focused on putting the books in order by last name, genre, size or however he’s doing it.

These kinds of moments (you know, the kind where he’s actually cleaning and organizing) don’t happen very often, so I’m reveling in it and occasionally throwing him a “good job” while I type this from the couch.

I could get used to these kinds of Mondays.

20 responses to “how we’re spending our monday off…”

1. ashley says:

haha…you’re so great 😉

I’m like Bob, I oddly like organizing bookshelves!

2. Sandra says:

Sign me up for the book organizing club, too! At the moment they are sorted by colour…which wasn’t that easy, because I own a truckload of thrillers and the only thriller-permitted colour seems to be black. And black doesn’t fit my rainbow!!

• Jillian says:

Haha! Back when we first moved in, we were going to sort it by color as well. But it turned out that we had more black and brown than anything. Still like that idea though. Just doesn’t work for people with dark books, I guess?

• Sandra says:

I solved the problem, jack of all trades that I am, by buying some pretty wrapping paper and covering the black books with it.
        Obsessive? Maybe. But at least my book shelves look pretty.

3. Yelle says:

I recently got a new bookshelf too and had to re-organize all of the books. It’s quite thrilling to have a new one all neat and organized, but very time consuming!

4. Ginny says:

i like organizing bookshelves, too. ours is currently color coordinated! :-)

A house filled with a mess of books is my favourite kind of house

damn that’s a lot of books! i also organize according to a certain system that i came up with – so i feel bob on that.

7. Gigi says:

Haha :) I’d say he’s a keeper.

8. Alli says:

Oh my, what a beautiful collection! I’m glad to know my hubster and I aren’t alone in our hoarding of books and moleskins 😉

Cheers.

P.S. what system did he decide on? Alphabetical? Genre? Date? I usually go alphabetical, but this year made the change to genre

• Jillian says:

He went by genre and then sub-organized those by alphabetical. Then he made sure the books were all perfectly lined up, so that there was nothing sticking out. Ha!

9. Lena says:

Holy books–I love this!

I am with Bob on this one… there is something so satisfying about organizing the books on the bookshelves!

11. Wren says:

The amount of books in these photos is making me so jealous!

12. Alyssa says:

Our husbands have something in common!
    My husband has four book shelves and, what he calls his “Book Corner” where a large stack of “currently reading” books are on our FLOOR. When he does organize his books, it’s a very meticulous process and takes him forever!

So cute!

13. shawnee says:

um, DREAMY! what a lovely monday–your home library is even more lovely.

14. Kausar says:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASECONTACT:Mollie Miriovsky260-637-2469903-316-3882 (cell)ZUMBA FITNESSae HAS JOINED FORCES WITH SUSAN G. KOMEN FOR THE CUREae TO RAISE AWARENESS AND WORK TOWARD FINDING A CURE FOR BREAST CANCER THROUGH A NEW CAMPAIGN CALLED PARTY IN PINK™.FORT WAYNE, IN Ten local Zumba instructors will host the 3rd Annual Fort Wayne PARTY IN PINK™ ZUMBATHON on Sunday, October 21, 2012 from 2:00 4:00 at Parkview YMCA, 10001 Dawsons Creek Drive in Fort Wayne. The PARTY IN PINK™ ZUMBATHON offer paincirpatts the opportunity to take part in what promises to be the area’s largest Zumba Fitnessae party which will be led by 10 local Zumba instructors, Lisa Cowen, Lesley Douglas, Sarah Hudson, Angie Marshall, Jackie Martinez, Mollie Miriovsky, Kristin Thompson, Donna Pond, Kandi Tom-Dinwiddie & Andrea Wolf. ZUMBA FITNESSae is an exciting group exercise program combining the elements of aerobics and international rhythms of dance such as Salsa, Merengue, Cumbia, Reggaeton & Hip Hop. Seventy-five percent of ticket sales will benefit the Susan G. Komen Foundation to aid in the research and treatment of breast cancer.This event is open to both members and non-members of the YMCA. Tickets are $10 at the door.