swap shop

ClosetDash‘s general idea is pretty simple: swap your unwanted clothes for new ones. And by new, I mean previously-owned but still in good condition, of course. If you’re in NYC, consider yourself lucky and go asap! First, you should probably click on this to get all the details and then go. If you live anywhere else in the U.S., then you’re lucky too because you can easily do swaps online.

I’ve made it known┬áthat I love thrift stores and great deals, so obviously this place was my paradise.Jamillah invited me to ClosetDash with her and a couple of friends. So I gathered up all of my gently-used clothes (including a Jem and the Holograms t-shirt that I was sad to part with) and swapped for some threads of equal value. I didn’t break out my wallet once! We ended up staying for oh…a few HOURS just perusing racks, trying on clothes and chatting up the sweet owner Jennifer.

As for my beloved Jem top, I’m sure it will end up in good hands. Jem lovers tend to be pretty awesome people, after all.

This entry was posted in bargain hunter, friends, fun, nyc, shop, weekend and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to swap shop

1. Laura says:

This is such a great idea! I love the idea of reusing others’ clothing to get a fresh “new” wardrobe. We have a consignment store in Raleigh that I love called Revolver. I have a bag of clothes waiting to be taken there, hopefully to make some money! Who knows, maybe I’ll send some over to ClosetDash online??

2. Rowena says:

I totally need to visit ClosetDash asap. I just recently cleaned out my closet.
    I used to love Jem as well :)

Rowena @ rolala loves

3. Jennifer Lee says:

Thanks so much for the great post and stopping by! It was so fun to have all of you there!

4. ashley says:

This would be my paradise as well!!! What a great idea!

5. This sounds so great! I’ll have to check it out.

jem and the holograms is the BEST. goodness i loved that show when i was little (and yes, this is a totally rad idea).

7. ashley says:

I wish I could trade all the clothes I have now for the ones my mom had in the 60s and 70s!!!! Too bad she gave them away :/

8. Oh this is just the kind of thing we need here in London (although we might already have it and I have just been living under a rock as usual). I love the idea of shopping without actually spending money!

9. Jamillah says:

I’m so happy you came !!! And even happier you had a great time. I hope your friend did too! Um, also my hair was so much cuter!!! Then the walk thru the drizzle….saaaaad face!

I still have some swaps credits and I believe you do too! Let me know if you want to go back down together, another swapping adventure :).

P.S. ClosetDash! So flipping photogenic!

I wish we had a place like this close by! I haven’t found a good consignment/swap shop here, but this helps motivate me to start looking! I really like that you can swap online, too.

11. LeeLee says:

This is great idea.

12. marsa says:

love your blog! following you on bloglovin :)

happyleeliving.blogspot.com

13. decoybetty says:

What a cool idea! I’ve never really participated in any swaps, but now I’m starting to think I should.

14. Jessica says:

Wow so glad you commented cuz you have some beautiful photos! Thanks for the inspiration!

15. Kim says:

what an awesome concept! i wish we had something like that here. hahaha glad you had a great time.

16. Bekuh says:

This is such a neat concept, I love getting a good deal and this sounds like the ultimate. I bet it can be hard to find really good thrifty spot in NYC, so this is a real gem.

17. Pingback: Need a New Wardrobe? Try a Clothing Swap | The Daily Muse