the carrot cake that made my day

So when you have a case of the Mondays and Tuesdays and an even worse case of the Wednesdays (do those exist?), it’s time to take action. That’s how this cake happened. Because although I didn’t inherit my mother’s deep affinity for cake, when it comes to a good piece of carrot cake, the rules change. And yes, I feel that strongly about it.

Happy weekend and enjoy the links below!

————

• A beautiful story about a father coming to an understanding and acceptance of his daughter’s same-sex marriage.
  • I’m going to a wedding this weekend and thinking of trying this hairstyle. Seems easy enough, even for a hair spaz like me. What do you think?

10 responses to “the carrot cake that made my day”

1. SoNa says:

looks very appetizing)

ohhh goodness I haven’t thought about carrot cake in a while. And now I desperately need a piece! Hope you have a good weekend and have fun at the wedding! I totally think you should try that hairstyle – I tried one similar the other week and I could actually kind of do it! And I’m terrible at fixing my hair!

• jillian m. says:

Me and you both! Which is why I always leave my hair straight and loose – it’s the only style I don’t know how to screw up. Ha!

3. Kim says:

That carrot cake looks so good! I’ve had both good and bad carrot cake. HaHaHa When it’s dark like pictured above, you know it’s good. I’ve got to find one now or make one. Joe Biden was hilarious and I kept laughing at Paul Ryan drinking all of that water. HAHAHA Have a great weekend doll!

• jillian m. says:

You know what? You’re so right about darker carrot cake being better. I’ve never noticed that before, but it totally makes sense. And yes, Biden was hysterical! I was so entertained that I watched the entire thing (which I never do). Have a good one, lady!

4. Lena says:

First, it’s definitely been the longest week ever. Second, that cake looks like just the thing to take care of it. Third, horrrray for links!

5. Yum to the carrot cake and oooh aaah to Josie’s self heating argan oil for hair – I need that! Have a great weekend :)

6. Kelsey says:

yum! that cake looks delicious.

Oooh, I like that hairstyle. Let me know how it goes and if it’s easy!

• jillian m. says:

I tried it and it’s pretty easy to do. I’d use clear elastics or at least ones that match your hair color. I have super thin hair, so it kind of just liked a braided bun on me. I’d imagine that on thicker hair, it’d look more like the picture.