what i like about the fall

Fall is a wondrous time, blah blah blah. I’ve heard it before and it doesn’t change how I feel about summer. If I had it my way, it would be warm and sunny all year long.

With that being said, I have to admit there are a few good things about these cooler temps. I’m not as in love with it as most seem to be, but I like to be optimistic. And the holidays are coming so who can’t be cheery about that, right?

Now, my list…

I can stop freezing my ass off at night because a certain someone “needs” to put up the air conditioner on high when we’re asleep.

Which leads me to saving money on energy bills. Yeah!

Better hair days.

This is the perfect outdoor dining weather. And this is one of my favorite spots to do it (their outdoor patio is so quaint with their pretty fairy lights).

I don’t have to shave my legs as often. So there.

Boots!

I can speed-walk my way to work without breaking a sweat. Which, in theory, means that I can now wake up a few minutes later to catch up on zzz’s and make up for that time with my lightning-quick walking pace. Not too much of stretch, is it?

11 responses to “what i like about the fall”

Yes, cooler weather is definitely going to mean more exercise outside for myself. Unfortunately, I’ll have to still wait a bit on that cooler weather. Texas seems to not have gotten the memo that it’s fall

2. SoNa says:

Mmmm, I love autumn! I love the falling leaves, autumn mud puddles)) Web, which flies in the Indian summer))) I like pumpkin) and harvest! Autumn wonderful time of the year. And most importantly my dear, beloved son and husband were born in the autumn, my brother and me, too)

3. Alys says:

Yes I am DEFINITELY looking forward to not shaving my legs so often 😀 I also need some new boots…

4. Kate says:

Oh man I love the fall, summer is my enemy! I don’t handle heat very well though, so that’s why. Fall is just a reminder to me that the holidays are coming, plus who doesn’t like boots and layering? :)

5. I have to admit that it would be a perfect world for me if every day was hot and sunny but saying that, I live in one of the wettest, coldest, darkest parts of the world so I have to work with what I have! I have come to love autumn for almost exactly all the reasons you listed above… except better hair days as we have even MORE rain in autumn than we do in summer which = serious frizz!

6. Laura says:

Way to be positive about the fall! I do love summer too so saying goodbye is never fun. It definitely helps to focus on the good things about fall – for me that would be cooler afternoons/evenings and all things pumpkin!

7. ashley says:

Now that I’m in the UK and already cold from it being 50 degrees, give me summer!!

Every season certainly does have its pros and cons. One of the things I love about fall is sleeping with the windows open… but then when it’s a little chilly in the morning it makes it SO hard to get out of bed! I guess we can’t have it all…

i, too, am a bigger fan of summer, and agree with you on so many of things, particularly the hair and speed walking. and that the holidays are coming!

10. Erin Lian says:

Boots! I love boots :) Winter clothes make the end of summer ok for me, and Christmas 😉 <3