Since my old neighborhood’s pizzeria closed down some years ago, I’ve been on the hunt for that perfect slice again. It’s been an ongoing search for years now and I have yet to find it. But Totonno’s in Coney Island comes close. I like a piping hot, thin-crusted slice that’s saucy (with a hint of sweetness), crispy and not overly cheesy. They have it.
If you like your pizza like I do, then Totonno’s is worth a try. In the meantime, I’m looking for a place that’s a little more convenient to get to, so my search continues…
(Suggestions are welcome, if you have any.)
And happy weekend!
- A behind-the-scenes look at one of my favorite shows, Chopped.
- Fabulous examples of how to rock ankle boots, leather and this fall’s hottest colors.
- Get more from behind the lens.
- For those who stare at a computer all day – you (and I) need to do this.
- Those moments of inspiration, brought to you by Anthony Bourdain, Amy Heckerling, Lupe Fiasco and more.