I’m starting my weekend a little bit early this week (woooooo for being off on Friday!). And if I had a convertible, I’d ride that baby home from work with the top down and the music blasting obnoxiously. But since I don’t, I’ll just be tapping my foot to the tunes from my iPod on the subway ride home.
This is what I’ll be listening to:
- Everybody’s Working for the Weekend (by Loverboy) – Just because it has the word “weekend” in it. And also because it reminds me of this classic SNL skit -and who can’t feel good about that?
- Let’s Go Crazy (by Prince) – For obvious reasons and also because it’s PRINCE.
- In for the Kill, Let’s Get Ravey remix (by La Roux) – It’s starts out slower and then it gets reeeeally upbeat – kind of like how my mood evolves from Monday through Friday.
- Buy U A Drank (by T-Pain) I love to hate this song. And it reminds me of the time I heard it 363548754 times on a road trip to Wildwood. Ah, memories.
- Summer Breeze (by Seals & Crofts) – Makes me feel fine! Blowing through the jasmine in my miiiiiind…
- Bleed American (by Jimmy Eat World) – You can’t listen to this and not want to jump around like a fool. I’ll be jumping on the inside, though. Doing that kind of stuff on the train can gain you a lot of strange looks and attention.
Do you have any favorite songs that remind you of the weekend? Do share. I’m looking to get into something different.