songs that sound like the weekend

I’m starting my weekend a little bit early this week (woooooo for being off on Friday!). And if I had a convertible, I’d ride that baby home from work with the top down and the music blasting obnoxiously. But since I don’t, I’ll just be tapping my foot to the tunes from my iPod on the subway ride home.

This is what I’ll be listening to:

• Let’s Go Crazy (by Prince) – For obvious reasons and also because it’s PRINCE.
  • In for the Kill, Let’s Get Ravey remix (by La Roux) – It’s starts out slower and then it gets reeeeally upbeat – kind of like how my mood evolves from Monday through Friday.
  • Buy U A Drank (by T-Pain) I love to hate this song. And it reminds me of the time I heard it 363548754 times on a road trip to Wildwood. Ah, memories.
  • Summer Breeze (by Seals & Crofts) – Makes me feel fine! Blowing through the  jasmine in my miiiiiind
  • Bleed American (by Jimmy Eat World) – You can’t listen to this and not want to jump around like a fool. I’ll be jumping on the inside, though. Doing that kind of stuff on the train can gain you a lot of strange looks and attention.

Do you have any favorite songs that remind you of the weekend? Do share. I’m looking to get into something different.

13 responses to “songs that sound like the weekend”

1. Hannah says:

arww, the songs are amazing! thinking about doing a list for the weekend too

2. I would love a convertible- even if it was only for the weekend :)

3. Rowena says:

Lucky you to get an early start to the weekend! I always like to listen to The Cure’s Friday I’m in Love to get the weekend started.

Rowena @ rolala loves

Jillian, I have the EDC 2012 playlist on shuffle – that’s close enough to the weekend party for me!

5. Lena says:

This really is the perfect summer weekend playlist! Enjoy Friday off–I’m just a teensy bit jealous!

6. Darianne says:

Nice songs for the weekend!
    hmm, I don’t have any specific ones Anything that plays on my Pandora playlist is pretty much my weekend music 😀

7. ashley says:

“Don’t Stop Til You Get Enough” by MJ and ANYTHING by Robyn: “Cry When You Get Older” and “Cobrastyle” from her are ace, to name a couple 😉 Enjoy your weekend!!

8. Loving the new look of your blog! Gotta agree with the Jimmy Eat World song and add one to the list: Hard-Fi: Living for the Weekend! Have a wonderful weekend Jillian!

9. That is finding a extra subjective, but I considerably choose to Zune Marketplace. The actual user interface can be multi-colored, provides a lot more style, and a few neat capabilities similar to ‘Mixview’ than enable you to quickly see associated photos, tunes, or any other consumers linked to what you’re listening to. Simply clicking on one particular will center on that item, and another group of “neighbors” arrive straight into see, enabling you to understand all around discovering by similar performers, tunes, or even consumers. While we’re talking about consumers, the Zune “Social” is additionally very exciting, allowing you to locate other folks along with discussed style and receiving pals using them. You then can pay attention to the playlist created depending on a combination products your pals are generally listening to, which is also satisfying. People worried about privateness will probably be treated to learn you’ll be able to steer clear of the public from seeing your personal hearing routines should you therefore pick.

10. Great weekend lineup! It is my goal to someday own a convertible. It is a must.