paris everyday

…and I’m back!

It was such a treat waking up and knowing what was to be seen and done. Boat rides on the Seine, views of the Eiffel from every which way, wandering with no purpose and getting lost in a city so pretty that we didn’t even mind, daily visits to the same boulangerie and observing people from street-side cafes. What a life!

There were definitely some lows (being under-dressed on a cold and rainy week, exhausting ourselves as a result of over-ambitious plans and a boeuf bourgignon that tasted like the inside of a baby diaper), but the highs far outweighed those (the views from the top of the Eiffel, the beautifully-preserved jardins, friendly Parisians and cafe crème and sweets at every turn of a corner).

But I’m delighted to be back. I loved Paris, but it feels so good to be home (I was honestly giddy just walking up the steps to the apartment!). I can’t wait to catch up with all of you!
 Photobucket

p.s. And in case you’re curious about what some of the structures in the photos are, hover over the image for the description.

20 responses to “paris everyday”

welcome back lady! loving your pictures so far (and laughed out loud at the "tasted like the inside of a baby's diaper"). can't wait to hear more about it – the best way to end travel is to be happy to home. glad to hear you are.

2. Alexa says:

these are all so pretty! i love the reflection in the puddle.

can't wait to hear your stories. welcome, welcome!

3. Jane says:

Oh my gosh, these pictures are absolutely gorgeous! Sounds like you had an amazing time, I'm so jealous right now, haha.

4. Hannah says:

Arww, love these photos!
    Can't wait to visit Paris in the coming atumn!

It looks absolutely wonderful. Glad you're back safe and sound

6. Gloria says:

What beautiful snapshots of life in Paris! Welcome back!

7. Pink Ronnie says:

Wow, wow, wow Jillian!!! I didn't even realise you'd gone to Paris!
    How awesome for you. Must catch up on your posts…
    Ronnie xo

8. Monica says:

i totally missed that you were going to paris! glad it was great and that you've returned safely. a foodie's heaven right?
    i have a bloggy friend in paris right now too.

9. Natalie says:

Welcome home! Can't wait to hear abouut/see everything!!

10. yours truly, melissa says:

looks like a wonderful trip! can't wait to hear and see more about it…

i'm like you, i LOVE to travel but gladly welcome the return home. there's no place like home 😉

Oh. My. Gosh. Your pictures are amazing!! All of these pictures include everything I would want to indulge in whenver I make it to Paris one day – sweets, coffee, beautiful sights, etc. I think my favorite picture might be the one of the reflection in the puddle. You have such a good eye for great shots! Welcome home! :)

12. Jamillah says:

ummmm, wtf! did i not know this?! oh wait i did know this. ok, well welcome home friend. let's do a catch up lunch/dinner soon. your pictures are beautiful and w/ all traveling there is good and bad glad you can see the good.

13. Lena at A Crimson Kiss says:

What a heavenly week! Paris was obviously gorgeous, but there's something magical about your very own kitchen!

14. Nat says:

Wow! Looks like an awesome trip… love all your photos!

15. Caroline says:

Very cool!! J'adore Paris. Love your photos!! We are headed back in August after visiting last September … I've been counting down the days since.

Thank you for the warm welcomes, ladies!

17. Ashley says:

Did you feel like you had a favorite area of Paris? I really loved wandering around St. Germaine…

I really like the area that we stayed in – Montmartre. I also liked the area near the Place de Vosges…the Marais, I think it is?

19. Kate (Embarrassment of Riches) says:

I just caught up on your Paris trip pictures…it looks like you had a FABULOUS time (and covered a lot of ground!). I want to go back so so badly now!

20. Shannon says:

Wow, so happy I somehow found your blog!
    Loved reading through a couple of your posts but this one really struck my heart!
    I dream of visiting Paris someday (Hopefully before the 4 years of French I took in college wears off, lol). :) Your photos are absolutely beautiful!

Following you on Bloglovin and looking forward to reading your posts! :)

Shannon