4 miracle workers

1. Kiss My Face Liquid Rock Roll-On – I have a confession: for as long as I’ve been wearing deodorant, I have never EVER found one that has worked for me. True story. Do any of you remember those Sure/Unsure commercials from the ’90s? I was totally “unsure” 98% of the time, until recently, when I decided to try KMF’s Liquid Rock antiperspirant. Whoa, does this stuff work. And no aluminum chloride, parabens or all that other cancer-causing mumbo jumbo found in most drugstore deodorants/antiperspirants. It does apply very wet, but I’ll take those few minutes of discomfort over being “unsure” any day.

2.Tigi Catwalk Session Series Salt Spray – Like the deodorant, I’ve tried many sprays that claim to give your hair that tousled, beachy look. Let me tell you something: my hair is naturally wavy (not the Gisele Bundchen kind of wavy, but the unruly kind of wavy) and I had never known a product that made me feel confident to wear my hair in its natural state until I saw this post (and went out and bought the product immediately!). Amazing product, does what it claims to do and my hair thanks me for giving it a break from the hot iron.

3. Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer – In spite of its name, this creamy formula doesn’t apply heavy or cakey. That is, if you pat on a very small amount (a little goes a long way). It’s a tad on the expensive side at about $23, but personally it’s worth the investment for hiding my “only got 3 hours of sleep last night” under-eyes. Best concealer ever.  UPDATE 10/07/14 – The formula of this concealer has changed, so it’s a bit thinner. Still very effective, but you may need a tad bit more to cover up.

4. Rohto Eye Drops  – Powerful, powerful stuff. It feels like Icy Hot (or Bengay) for your eyes, but it WORKS. Redness is gone within seconds. Perfect for looking bright eyed and bushy tailed on a sleepy Monday morning…or a post-late night drinking session with the girls.

See part II here!

12 responses to “4 miracle workers”

the second one excites me – I'm going on vacation and want my hair to be more in its natural state. might have to give that a try. I swear by Lancôme moisturizer – whichever line you thinks matches up to your skin/age, try it. it can be expensive depending on what you pick, but my pot lasts for about 6 months. totally worth it and totally amazing.

Oh you should definitely try. And it smells amazing too. I wore it in my hair everyday when I went to St. Lucia. No fuss – just spray, tousle and done.

I've heard good things about Lancome's moisturizers. A bit on the pricey side, but if it's really as good as you say, I'd definitely be willing to try it!

3. Meghan @ Wishful Thinking says:

I’m always on the look-out for miracle beauty products! I think I definitely need to get those eye drops as mine are constantly gritty and tired-looking. I couldn’t live without my Burts Bees Radiance face creams and Moroccanoil (I finally bit the bullet and invested and have not looked back since).

I love hearing what products other people really like! My hair is also the out of control tousled look – so I need to try that spray to make it a little tameable and out-in-public wearable!

5. Marissa says:

Ooh, I'm going to have to look for that deodorant. None of the drugstore brands work for me either! Or they'll work at first and then stop working after a few months. My favorite that I've found is Nivea, but they don't sell it in the U.S. for some reason. My mom and I always stock up when we travel out of the country. We must look like sweaty lunatics to the customs agents. :)

6. Jamillah says:

LOL, you're so cute. Glad you are sure now homie.

7. Lena at A Crimson Kiss says:

I love all these recommendations!

8. Kate (Embarrassment of Riches) says:

I LOVE posts like these. I've never tried any of these products! They all sound great (though I'm slightly scared by the eye drops – does that sensation go away?)

Urban Decay's Primer Potion (the original, in the lilac tube) is one product that I always repurchase when I run out.

It does go away, I promise! That tingling sensation lasts for about 30 seconds and then it starts to feel really good.

I have a little sample size of UD Primer Potion, but have yet to try it. I hear it's a huge favorite.

10. Emily Lynne {The Best of this Life} says:

These are all new to me – but I'm curious about the tussled hair. I like that look in the summer and a lot of products 'claim' that you'll get beachy waves…but it never works…. so this one works? :)

11. Pink Ronnie says:

A good concealer is a must – I use Garnier's one which you can buy from your local supermarket.
    I also love Bio Oil which I originally purchased for post natal stretch marks but I now use it on my face as well. It's the best.
    Might have to look into Salt Spray – I wonder if I can get it here in Australia?
    Ronnie xo

I've seen that! I've never heard of using it for the face, but I'm definitely intrigued.

Not sure if it's available in Australia. I usually get it in a beauty supply store that's exclusive to NYC, but you can probably find it online (Amazon?) if you're interested. I know they carry it in some salons too. It's so worth it!