adventures in weekending: saturday brunch

The year’s first spring brunch al fresco (oh, you know there will be more to come).  We got our usual – French toast  and sugarless coffee for him, something savory with a mimosa for me – and enjoyed a shady spot in the kind of weather you only need to wear a light sweater in. My body and mind were fully at ease. That deep kind of ease where every muscle is almost to the point of surrender and the only thing on your mind is that adorable dog that just passed by that could pass for Lucky‘s brother.  If it weren’t for the impending rain (and a dirty apartment that desperately needed to be cleaned), I might have stayed glued to that seat all day. It’s just what I needed after a full week of busy, busy days.

Photobucket

13 responses to “adventures in weekending: saturday brunch”

1. Alexa says:

weekend brunch in nyc will forever be one of my favorite things.

2. Monica says:

i'm going to pretend this is me for a moment…. lol
    i need to find that ease of surrender somewhere this week.

Sunday Funday! I missed it yesterday but there's always next weekend

4. Kathy says:

" That deep kind of ease where every muscle is almost to the point of surrender"
    I wish I could have this much needed feeling right now! My goal for the week is to get this same feeling of easement 😀

5. SreeBindu says:

looks like beautiful time spent =)
    xoxo

6. Anait says:

I cannot WAIT until it warms up again here to be able to brunch al fresco. It might be my favorite meal of the day, especially when it's outside, on a cute cafe terrace. Happy Monday darling!

I live near that brunch spot and still haven't gone. must remedy that. also because I love dining al fresco – the best part if warm weather in the city.

8. Lisa Lisa Lisa says:

This all looks delicious!!! So good! The french toast is perfect. I've been thinking about making yummy breakfast items like that but in small portions at home. I don't need a stack of pancakes, just one will do. Hmmm, I need to figure out the recipes for that..

Saturday brunch outside sounds amazing! And your plate is making me hungry all over again! I need to start making breakfast burritos in the mornings. I hope you have a great start to your week!

10. Emily says:

As usual, your pictures are making my stomach rumble. Yum.

11. Lena at A Crimson Kiss says:

Oh, what a perfect Saturday! I love days like that where you just feel so perfectly content!

12. nancy says:

I love those sorts of meals! that feeling of complete grounding in the moment is so great. and the food looks delicious!

13. Meghan @ Wishful Thinking says:

So jealous of your amazing weather – send some of it our way? Off to rustle up some French toast!