do you juice?

I like the idea of drinking a day’s worth of veggies and fruits in just a few minutes. Not only is it terribly convenient, but the mix of carrots, apples and beets are delicious…sweet and earthy.

Not everyone has a juicer (nor do you need one), so smoothies are always a great option. I’m wanting to try this green smoothie, but you can never go wrong with something that has icy bananas (with a few fresh blueberries thrown in for good measure).

Do you like to juice/blend? Any recipes you swear by?

Photobucket

13 responses to “do you juice?”

1. Alexa says:

i don't juice at home (i keep meaning to start…), but i do make a delicious avocado smoothie:

1 avocado, halved and pitted
    8 ice cubes
    agave syrup to taste
    add milk of your choice to the consistency you prefer — i usually start by covering the above ingredients and adding a little more as needed
    blend until creamy

i get all sorts of reactions when i tell people i drink avocado smoothies, but i swear by them.

i would love to own juicer–there is a wonderful spinach, apple, carrot, paprika juice that my uncle makes when i visit him. it's so light and refreshing!

great, interesting post! can't wait to read the recipes you find :)

we don't juice. My in-laws have a really sweet jucier though, so I think they might convince us to eventually get one. I'm still a little weirded out by drinking carrots and other veggies. It's just too weird to have them in liquid form! Also one of the things I like most about vegetables (raw ones) is their crunch and texture, and I'd be sad if that was gone.

That actually sounds like it could be really good! I really want to try that one. When I do, I'll let you know what I think. Thanks so much for the recipe, Alexa!

I totally get it. I love the crunch of veggies. Roasting them, sauteeing, boiling, whatever….it's ALL good. However, I think it's really convenient on those days when you don't have a lot of time for breakfast or when you want something healthy to hold you over until dinner. If you your in-laws do manage to convince you, you have to let me know what you think about the whole juicing veggies thing. Who knows? You may change your opinion!

5. Aquí says:

I don't juice. I've never had a juicer but I've always wanted one. When I was living in brazil, we had a small blender in our apartment and we would blend frozen açaí berries and serve it in a bowl with granola, strawberries and bananas on top. They call it acai tigela.

6. Ashley says:

Green smoothies and natural juice changed my life! :)

7. yours truly, melissa says:

I like green smoothies but haven't made one in a while. Seems like juicing is the all the rave right now, but we do not have a juicer. Maybe we'll get one someday – they seem kind of pricey.

8. Justine says:

I love juicing! I got an awesome juicer at Costco for only $90 bucks! I think it's worth checking out…

9. Lisa Lisa Lisa says:

I've enver juiced anything (I'd have to buy a juicer), however my problem is that I'll consume the drink (pretty much a meal) and then still be hungry. So.. I eat a meal.. Not helpful for my waist size!

10. Carol {Everyday Delights} says:

I don't juice but I have always wanted to!

11. Lena at A Crimson Kiss says:

John and I just watched "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead", and he's practically been on a juice diet since! Thank goodness we've got a smoothie shop nearby!

12. Ronnie says:

We got a juicer before first pregnancy but now don't really juice much because it's so troublesome to clean all the pieces! Instead, I tend to blend fruit smoothies with our blender which are oh so yummy. And relatively easy to pack away after. Happy weekend Jillian!
    Ronnie xo

13. Punctuation Mark says:

i need to get myself one of this juicers… everything looks so tasty! Happy Weekend!