vegetables for dinner + weekend plans

Fresh veggies have been making their way into every dinner, lately. Spinach, green beans, broccoli, kale…it’s been a winter of crunchy greens.

Some favorites include:

oven-roasted broccoli (with panko bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese tossed in for texture and good measure)
baby spinach chips (just like kale chips only milder)

In this household, olive oil and vegetables go together like peanut butter and jelly.

Next on the agenda: cauliflower popcorn. However, I’d be open to other cauliflower recipes, if you have any for me.

Otherwise, I hope you have a great weekend!  Bob and I will be hosting our first party (a housewarming!) in the new apartment. I’m notoriously terrible at planning parties, but I hope to turn over a new leaf by the time Saturday comes. Wish me luck!

Photobucket

23 responses to “vegetables for dinner + weekend plans”

1. barefoot mama says:

That looks amazing!

Wishing you luck!!! You're going to do a Fabulous job:)))) Happy Housewarming!

2. Alexa says:

Happy, happy housewarming! You always think up such creative food combinations–I can't wait to see the photos of your fun!

and THANK YOU for reminding me of the simple goodness of veggies + olive oil. How could I possibly have forgotten lately?

3. Vanessa says:

I've never tried broccoli chips! We've been doing kale chips a lot lately, and believe it or not, I actually like them MORE than regular chips!

4. Alena: Oh, It's Just Perfect! says:

I can't wait to try baby spinach chips! We eat kale chips quite frequently, but I hadn't thought to use spinach.

Have a wonderful housewarming party! Can't wait to hear about it. xo

good luck with the party! that recipe for broccoli sounds great. i usually roast string beans but i'm going to have to try that as i love broccoli.

6. rolala says:

Oh I love roasted broccoli. Will have to try the baby spinach chips sometime. Happy housewarming party!

7. Chelle Lynn says:

Mmmm, oven-roasted broccoli…be still, my beating heart! I've had broccoli about a thousand times this month and I never tire of it! So delicious!

Oven roasted broccoli with panko and parmesan sounds delicious! I'll have to try that. I hope you have a wonderful housewarming party! Pictures are coming on Monday, I hope!

9. SreeBindu says:

green is good :) that's what is happening in my life too :)

10. SreeBindu says:

oops :) Gooooood Luck buddy =)

11. yours truly, melissa says:

Yum! I love veggies and olive oil.

Have a happy housewarming, we had our first housewarming on NYE which was a bit more pressure than just a normal party, for me. It turned out great and I bet yours will too!

12. Celeste says:

These look delicious! I'm actually planning to make leafy greens today :)

I answered your question about my job at Airbnb, then realized you might go back to the post and see it! I'm gonna be a Project Coordinator working with the Customer Support training staff :)

13. Niina - It seems pretty obvious. says:

You have a lot of beautiful pictures of food in your blog! These are beautiful too! Hope you're weekend turns out great (especially the housewarming!) :)

14. Ashley says:

Spinach chips?!? I think I would love that!

15. Adriana says:

I love me some broccoli =) Good luck with your housewarming party that's exciting!

16. Lena at A Crimson Kiss says:

Horray for housewarming-have fun this weekend!

17. Punctuation Mark says:

that looks great and so healthy… have a lovely weekend!

18. Monica says:

i love my winter greens!
    never tried roasting broccoli.
    cauliflower popcorn!!??

19. kristina says:

good luck w. the party planning jillian! i'm sure you'll do great w. all of your awesome cooking skillz 😉 😉
    p.s. roasted root vegetables in olive oil are my favorite!!
    xoxo, k

20. Meg {henninglove} says:

yum! i love how you prepare your veggies. definitely need to eat them every day and broccoli and spinach are two of my favorite greens

21. Laura says:

Olive oil and veggies are a go-to pair in my kitchen too! I have got to give those spinach chips a try! Hope you had a wonderful weekend and so glad I came across your blog… I'm your newest follower!

22. Stephanie says:

Oh my goodness, spinach and broccoli are my two all-time favorite veggies. I'm definitely going to try these!

23. The Demoiselle says:

I regularly do all veggie dinners…just to balance my carnivorous tendencies. Thnaks for these suggestions – they'll be added to my repertoire.