what is your best feature?

I feel my best feature is my hands.

They’re dainty, graceful, petite. My fingers may be short and a bit bony, but they are slender enough to slide under couches and desks when retrieving things that rolled underneath the very tiny space between that and the floor.

And I love to touch. To feel something with my fingertips. Whether it be a light caress or forceful taps. I have no preference.

I couldn’t imagine life without my hands. I would not be able to

…dip my fingers into the cake batter
…run my fingers through my hair after a fresh cut
…squeeze my nephews’ baby-soft cheeks
…knead dough
…vogue (if there was ever an occasion when I needed to)
…hold on for dear life, literally.

Among many many many other things, I’m grateful for these hands. These particular hands. That have gone through much. And can tell a few interesting stories. And will continue to.

What’s your best (or favorite) feature? Get as shallow or as deep as you wish. Judgment-free space here.

21 responses to “what is your best feature?”

Love. this. post.

Your pictures of your hands are so pretty and artsy! I also like my hands because they're small and they make me feel feminine. Ditto my feet – they're little, I have a big arch so it looks like a Barbie foot, and my toes are all little and shorter than my big toe. I always wanted to be a foot model! Now I sound really vain.

2. threadsandbuttons says:

Love this! I've always thought that hands are beautiful. I'll have to think about my best feature… I've really never tried to pick one out.

3. Chelle Lynn says:

You do have lovely hands! I think my legs…they're long and look awesome in a pair of heels! :)

4. kristina@beancakes ★ says:

hi jillian ~ hmm, not sure what my best feature is, maybe my hair? {it's different from most peoples'} but hands are so important and eyes!! touching and seeing = very important!!
    xx ~ ks

5. Ashley says:

Yay for love yourself posts :)

I'd go with my legs as a winner.

6. Sam {fitnessfoodandfaith.blogspot.com} says:

pretty, pretty hands!!

i like my hair :)

Sherri Lynn – Haha! You don't sound vain, just honest! If you can believe it, I had actually looked into foot modeling a few years ago-it seemed like a cool job to have.

8. Elle Sees says:

I have soft hands, but I guess I would say my eyes. My friends say my hair.

my eyes, for sure. and i love the pictures of your hands!

This is such a beautiful post! I've always been a fan of my narrow wrists-something about them feels so dainty and feminine to me.

11. Ashleigh says:

Wow, this made me realize that though I use my hands every single day, almost every minute – I rarely stop to appreciate them. I don't know if my best feature is my hair but I sure do love the length. A Leo needs her mane I guess :)

12. yours truly, melissa says:

You do have dainty hands!

My favorite feature…? Probably my eyes. They're large and they let me see (duh) the beautiful things in life.

For vanity reasons, my lips. My most complimented feature.

13. audrey marie says:

oh i have terrrible fingers ha – but i like my hair

14. Francesca Giusti says:

love this post and also your blog! It's so nice!!! I follow you!
    Pass to my blog and if it likes you follow me too, I will be so glad 😀
    kisses

Lena – narrow wrists, never thought of that one!

Melissa – I can relate. I rarely ever get compliments on my hands, although it's my favorite feature. But I can definitely see why people compliment you most on your lips!

16. Jamillah says:

Oh this post is super beautiful Jillian. Really the writing is like music, so lovely.

My favorite feature is my hands too!!! They are slender and long and i have strong nails like all the women in my family.

17. classiq says:

What a beautiful post! I think my best feature are my shoulders and back. Maybe that's why I find so beautiful a strapless dress or backless dress with long sleeves (it has to have long sleeves to be even more alluring, that rule of never revealing too much). :)
    Ada

18. Hannah {Culture Connoisseur} says:

Your hands are very pretty!

I like my hand too. I like my legs (although they aren't looking so hot these days…) but I think the thing I like most is my moles. I know that sounds funny, but I have freckles and moles all over me and my husband loves the way they are placed and thinks they are so pretty. So it's one of those little things that gives me confidence because I know no one else in the world has them like I do. :)

19. Denise Pacurar says:

Your hands really are beautiful! Love the pictures!! I'd like to think my best feature is my hair :)

xoxo Denise

20. Ocean Dreams says:

You have beautiful hands love! So true – what would we do without our hands?!

21. Michelle ~ Make Life Pretty says:

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I like that my hands are small and slender, too. My husband calls them child-hands (a joke) I get complimented on my hair a lot, so I guess that's my best feature.