it snowed and that means my inner klutz gets to play

First, I’d like to address the craziness that was snow in October.

Snow. In October.

I just don’t like it. Why? Because I’m not smooth. I’m that girl that drops her change on the sidewalk.
I wear my bright pink bra with the white button-down that happens to be kind of see-through. I forget my umbrella on the bus. I stub my toe on the same damn corner wall every day. I say things like “brownie bladder” when trying to order a brownie batter sundae (true story). And will probably trip down the aisle on my wedding day.

This absent-mindedness mixed with the snow, rain and blustery wind render me almost useless/borderline suicidal. On Saturday, I tripped and dropped my Mom’s anniversary cake (no damage, thank goodness!), couldn’t see out of my rear view mirrors due to frost, slipped and slid. And at the grocery store, I passed the breadcrumbs twice before spotting it (thanks foggy eyeglasses), forgot to buy juice*, dropped apples and got weird looks from strangers for scolding myself after dropping apples.

Oh and I saw a woman wearing sandals in the snow.

Sandals. In the snow.
#youareridiculous #summerisover

*Some of these aren’t directly related to the weather, but I’m placing the blame for my disorientation on it anyway.

22 responses to “it snowed and that means my inner klutz gets to play”

1. Jane says:

It's crazy that you guys got snow so early on! I love these pictures though, snow is so pretty.

2. PhotoPuddle says:

I can't believe you've snow already!! Winter is getting earlier and earlier every year. My daughter will be very jealous as she got some new snow boots at the weekend and keeps asking me why it's not snowing yet. She really, really wants it to snow!!

3. Ashley says:

Jealous of your snow!! Seriously– sandals in the snow?! That lady was crazy!

4. autumn jordan says:

Such lovely photos! I had to frolick around in the snow in my Halloween costume up here in Vermont too. It seems a bit early to be so chilly / winter-like, but I guess it's just all the more reason to start baking + listening to christmas music!

lovelovelove,
    autumn jordan

5. woreout says:

I live in Vermont and even I balked at snow in October! I can't believe you had this much accumulation! Thank you for sharing these moments because I wore semi sheer kahaki pants with a bright blue thong once and I'm still trying to get over the humiliation. Oh and I totally scold/talk to myself in public too, glad to learn it's not just me.

6. woreout says:

7. The Blonde Duck says:

But that's what makes you so cute! Now it'd be hilarious if you went skiing in a polka dotted swimsuit! :)

8. Sam {fitnessfoodandfaith.blogspot.com} says:

i love that you scolded yourself for dropping the apples – too funny! i hope the snow goes away soon…for your own safety :)

9. Anna says:

It snowed here in Pittsburgh this past weekend too! I literally couldn't believe it when I woke up! Craziness!

I am completely with you on no snow in October. It's just not right.

Woreout – Haaa! That's a great embarrassing moment.

11. jkd says:

omg, i am a klutz too.

i hate hate hate snow. it makes me want to crawl into a hole and never come out.

sandals.in.the.snow. I AM DISGUSTED.

I'm a COMPLETE klutz, and you're right-winter is the worst!

13. kitten roar says:

oh man, i have been seeing all of this snow on the east coast and colorado and such and i am already dreading when it hits us here in the midwest. i slip, slide, and fall all over the place when it's icy.

Maybe the sandal lady is in denial? I would be if it was snowing here… ever!

15. Punctuation Mark says:

I'm still amazed by that snowstorm!!!

16. Jamillah says:

bahahahaha, i am that girl too. and omg, why sandals?!?! seriously?!

17. Nat says:

Wow! Crazy October snow but it makes for great photos :-) Would have loved to see the girl in sandals in the snow…

18. classiq says:

I'm all smiles. I am little absent-minded myself. My husband tells me that I'm the artist in our family, ha ha. Yes, I know, snow in October, I couldn't believe it myself when I heard. :)
    Ada

19. rebecca says:

these photos make it look beautiful but it was a miserable day. blah.

20. kristina@beancakes ★ says:

ahaha! sandals in the snow ~ that's hilarious jillian! i love your photos here of the gorgeous snow and yes, it's a little early for snow i think. . . hope you had a great day and BE CAREFUL!! 😉 😉 {loved the brownie blatter story}
    xoxo ~ kristina

21. Pink Ronnie says:

Loved this post – made me laugh!
    Ronnie xo

22. Erin Lian says:

Snow on a pumpkin!!! I am absent minded like that too – I am glad I am not the only one! <3