adventures in weekending: pizza, rooftop sunsets and growing up

The weekend was spent delighting in small, significant moments: heaps of food (obviously) and just taking the time out to think about upcoming changes. Reminiscing with an old friend or even just taking a short pause triggered some scary, albeit exciting thoughts about the future.

A Thai chicken pizza shared between me and my love (and leaving him my crusts).
Spicy chai tea lattes.
Stopping to savor the surrounding beauty. I can’t resist snapping photos of gorgeous, cheery blooms.

Enjoying the last few minutes of the sunset from Bob’s rooftop, where Brooklyn, Queens and Manhattan are in clear vision.We even spotted the neighborhood we’ll be moving into (hopefully) by the end of the year.

And having lots of Italian food and wine with my newly-engaged best friend (eeeek!). Witnessing a friend’s life from childhood makes events like this all the more impactful. I still can’t believe I’m at that age where the people around me are getting married, pregnant and moving away. It’s just all happening so quickly…and yet, not really.

This part of my life reminds me of the very first day at a new school. I was terrified of being in an unfamiliar setting and not knowing anyone. But once I stepped inside, I formed relationships I knew I would keep for life and memories to cherish forever. So while I’m nervous about the next chapters of life, it’s a good kind of nervous.

17 responses to “adventures in weekending: pizza, rooftop sunsets and growing up”

1. Alexa says:

What a wonderful post! That skyline photo is breathtaking and your words ring so true to me these days. So many life changes are happening lately and it's exciting and a little scary, too. Life is so interesting!

2. Nat says:

Great photos… it seems like a fabulous weekend!
    I know what you mean.. a few years back it seemed to me everyone was getting engaged, married and first kids arriving. Now it's second and third kids on the way and some people also moving on and splitting up, which is sad :-(
    All part of life…

3. Meghan @ Wishful Thinking says:

Your photos are always so captivating! I love the first picture of the leaves, it's a perfect Autumn shot! I've also got some major changes coming up in my life and it's scaring the bajaysus out of me so I can totally relate! Good luck with the changes, I hope everything works out for you!

It looks like you had a wonderful weekend! It does seem like life is moving so fast and so many big changes are happening, but then at the same time not. Lovely post!

5. classiq says:

Changes are always a little scary, but so challenging. I hope you have a wonderful week!
    Ada

6. Monica says:

new chapters are so exciting. and i tell ya, they just keep on coming.

i leave mine the crusts too. 😉

7. yours truly, melissa says:

I remember feeling exactly like you do when my friends all got married & then then even more so when they started having babies. Sometimes I still feel surprised knowing I can stay up as late as I want & eat a milkshake for dinner if I want because I really am an adult! Silly… I know.

8. Gloria says:

Ooh that pizza looks so yummy. Hubs leaves me his crusts too :-)

What a delicious weekend, and a beautiful post! It's amazing how quickly (and slowly) life changes on us, isn't it?

10. Ashley says:

Nice last paragraph. Aaaand, you always make me hungry on your blog. ha.

i loved this. watching my friend get married a few weeks ago, after knowing her since i was 5, makes me feel the same. it goes so fast, but it doesn't. and that picture from bob's rooftop – wow!

12. Connie says:

Your pictures are so beautiful! And now I must go eat something! :p

13. Alena: Oh, It's Just Perfect! says:

I can't think of anything else after seeing your chai pictures–I. AM. ADDICTED. Glad your weekend was wonderful!

14. jkd says:

food looks so delicious.

15. kristina@beancakes ★ says:

such a great post jillian! the view from that rooftop is so gorgeous!
    xx ~ k

16. natasha {schue love} says:

Looks and sounds like it was a great weekend…I am wanting all of this food! :)