beauty lessons learned

• Concealer over dry, flaky skin = scary
  • Too much purple under the eyes – also very scary.
  • Invest in good quality makeup brushes.
  • De-tangle gently from the ends up with a wide-toothed comb.
  • There is no need to keep reapplying perfume throughout the day. Just because you can’t smell it anymore, doesn’t mean others can’t.
  • Making out with your boyfriend while wearing red lipstick is a very very bad idea. Worse if you don’t catch the smudges until the pictures are up on Facebook the next day.
  • Streamline your skin care routine. Too many products result in more breakouts and irritation.
  • Tell the hair stylist exactly what you want. Bring a picture to demonstrate.
  • Body glitter is best left for ravers, beauty pageants, cheerleaders and the ’90s.

What lessons have you learned?

22 responses to “beauty lessons learned”

love the first picture of the two palettes

2. Anait says:

bahaha……i definitely agree with all of these. Although I saw in a magazine the other day a very light shimmer body powder that looked really great….although that COULD be because it was on a model in a staged shoot. oh well!

3. Kaleido Mind says:

only moisturize places where you need them–don't strip the skin from its natural moisture as a start:)

great tips–thanks!

4. Sam {fitnessfoodandfaith.blogspot.com} says:

love all these. especially body glitter. you better believe i was covered in that stuff for my prom…yipes!

5. Steph says:

Haha. I love this post. Glitter for sure…yikes! And I'm totally in agreement on the concealer issue. Another thing I've learned… there's a fine line between putting on eye liner and putting on eye black (like the football players wear). Light on the liner is best. Looking forward to following your blog!

6. Style Journey says:

All of these are so true! Especially the glitter and investing in good make up brushes :)

7. Elle Sees says:

Glitter is so tacky! Unless, used for costumes!

8. The.Red.See says:

Great tips, all are so true!

9. The.Red.See says:

Great tips, all are so true!

10. Chelle Lynn says:

I have recently realized that dry, flaky skin can, indeed, be treated with moisturizer! Who'd have thought!?

Spot on advice. Also, use lipliner carefully.

12. M@coffeeandkitsch says:

i agree with the skin care routine – i still haven't figured out which one works for me, but i always try to avoid going too crazy

13. skippysays says:

LOL- I would love to hear the stories behind some of those lessons :)

14. Bravoe Runway says:

I totally agree with your points and about that body glitter trend…I never tried it in the 90s! Similarly to you, no purple eyeshadow for this girl and concealer always ALWAYS looks cakey! I love these topics you discuss on your blog, looking forward to your next post!

15. audrey marie says:

so with you on the good brushes – makes a difference

16. Aquí says:

ooo I have that same tart pallet! Love the brush! These are great tips, I really agree with the first one. One of the worst looks!

17. Erin Lian says:

MOISTURISE! Pretty pictures :) <3

18. kristina@beancakes ★ says:

ah! jillian ~ these are so true!! the concealer over dry flaky skin = so true and scary for sure!! and the perfume one is very very true! a little goes a long way and this is true for most things in life… thanks for these 😉 😉
    xoxo ~ kristina

19. Glam Fashionista says:

A good quality brush is a must for blending. Great post and lovely blog. If you want visit my blog and let me know if you want to follow and I will follow back

20. Jamillah says:

Bhahahahahahahahaha. I LOVE YOU! OMIGOSH! WHHHYYYYYY BODY GLITTER!?!?

21. swiftlyinflight says:

I'm playing catch up with your posts!

And I LOVE this one! I especially love the photo of the 2 color palettes.

I've definitely learned that washing your face is an absolute must. It may be so obvious, but it's the most important thing. And moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. Cannot stress that enough.

And good 'ole fashion beauty sleep can make all the difference in how you feel internally; and that translates to the outer-self.

22. swiftlyinflight says:

I'm playing catch up with your posts!

And I LOVE this one! I especially love the photo of the 2 color palettes.