adventures in weekending: more thrifting and our first piece of furniture

I spent part of the weekend running around Brooklyn, getting my thrift on (again) and brunching outdoors. Since the days are getting cooler and cooler by the minute, I had to cherish one of the last times I’ll enjoy a meal outside before the inevitable (and unwelcomed) winter sweeps in.

Eggs Benedict and the best hash browns I’ve had were the perfect pairing for a filling and delicious midday meal. There’s something about breakfast foods in the afternoon that comfort me.

Lately, I’ve been very much into thrifting. Even when I don’t buy anything, it’s always fun to see what rare  treasures are being sold. I love it.

But we made out like bandits with a our very first piece of bought furniture for our new apartment (we found it a store called Junk). It was so unbelievably exciting for me that I had to snap a picture of Bob carrying it back to the car.

And even more thrilled when he volunteered to clean it!

20 responses to “adventures in weekending: more thrifting and our first piece of furniture”

1. Anne says:

That brunch looks delicious! You scored a great piece of furniture!:)
    ~Anne

2. The Blonde Duck says:

The two things we don't have here are good thrift stores and good farmer's markets.

Love his shirt!

that's exciting! glad to see the apt is coming along

4. Sara Louise says:

I could eat breakfast all day, everyday!
    And not having to clean up your find… total bonus! :-)

5. Bravoe Runway says:

The brunch looks amazing and your new find is GORGEOUS!!! I went on my first consignment store shopping excursion a few weeks back…and I am HOOKED! So fab you did not have to clean it πŸ˜€

6. Ashley says:

Breakfast in the afternoon=one of my favorite things!

I love thrift stores as well. As fun as it is to go to ikea, it's more fun finding rare jewels that no one else has!

7. Monica says:

nice find! are you going to leave it as is or paint it?

and wow, the BEST has browns? jealous.

Monica, I think for the time being we're going to leave it. We toyed around with the idea of colors, but in the end, we decided that it was in such good shape that we didn't want to ruin it. But I like the option of changing it in the future!

And yes, the best hash browns I've ever had. They were amazing!

9. Lisa Lisa Lisa says:

That seems like the perfect Saturday! You don't happen to have a record player do you? How cool would it be to alternate magazines and records in your end table??

10. kristina@beancakes β˜… says:

good morning jillian! such an exciting picture of that neat end table!! i'd love to see how you decorate with it ~ and i cannot get enough of thrifting lately ~ there's just something about the feeling you get when you uncover a hidden treasure!!
    xoxo ~ kristina

11. PhotoPuddle says:

I can't stop looking at that eggs benedict. It looks so delicious.

12. Felicia says:

congrats on your find! sounds like you had a lovely weekend. i love thrifting!

13. Alena: Oh, It's Just Perfect! says:

Your breakfast looks amazing. I'm going to be craving that for the rest of the day!! Congrats on your furniture!! So very exciting :)

14. Sam {fitnessfoodandfaith.blogspot.com} says:

gorgeous brekky and love the furniture find!! yay :)

What a dreamy weekend! Brunch looks heavenly, and I can't wait to see where your new piece will go!

yay for your first piece of furniture! I love going thrifting too, even when I don't find things. We did go to a flea market on Saturday, however, that was an absolute bust. Most disappointing!

17. Jamillah says:

OH I know junk!!!!! Love!

I love old record tables, it's a piece of furniture I've always wanted in my place but never got around to getting. Have fun shopping for "new" things!!!

18. Jackie says:

I love the photo of the foot. Your blog is cute!

jgstylekitty.blogspot.com

19. Wander.Lust says:

looks like you have an amazing weekend! hope your week is just as nice… and that's a great thrift store find xoxo

20. Erin Lian says:

I like breakfast all through the day too :) Happy your first piece of furniture! It is cute :) <3