Saturday was one of those days where we just walked and walked and walked around the city, snapping photos of everything (including an unexpected visit from the Wall street protesters), thrifting, window-shopping and feeding ourselves. By the end of the day, my feet were sore, my back ached and at some point before me and Bob fell asleep on a park bench, we decided to call it a day and go home. Needless to say, it was an early night for both of us (haven’t had one of those in a while!). But it felt so great. I love my weekends.

Gearing up with sandwiches in the park for long day of walking and shopping we were about to embark on.

Bob just can’t get enough of the used books section.
Furniture and dishes from the thrift store excite me. They have more beauty and character than anything found in a department store, in my opinion.
Kaleidoscopic shoes I coveted from a window display.
What you see on television about the protesters occupying Wall street (and plenty of other areas in NYC) is nothing compared what it feels like in person. The energy was intensely infectious and overwhelming. It was quite an incredible thing to witness.

A slightly different spin on the famous Wall Street Journal.

14 responses to “adventures in weekending: busyness and a brief run-in with the occupy wall street-ers”

1. Monica says:

you can't beat the tiredness from a wonderful day strolling with a loved one.

i hope one day to furnish my cupboards with thrifted tableware. my current set is still useable. :)

2. Felicia says:

wow. so cool that you could see the action up close.

also, those shoes are amazing!

3. Meghan @ Wishful Thinking says:

Your pictures of the protests are incredible! My feet ached so bad from wondering around the city that I briefly debated burning my shoes!

4. Sam {fitnessfoodandfaith.blogspot.com} says:

what a day!! i'm sure it was exciting and terrifying to see the masses :)

5. yours truly, melissa says:

I know what you mean when you say you adore your weekends, because I feel the exact same way!

Your pictures are fantastic, like always! :)

6. Ashleigh says:

That paper – hilarious!! Sounds like the perfect type of weekend to me, seeing a little action, strolling, thrifting and eating. Yep – pretty much excellent :)

7. Steph says:

Love weekends like these! And I love your pictures too!
    Thans so much for stopping by my blog! Means a lot that anyone would want to read about my little life :)

8. Jessi Haish says:

wow, those photos are great!

9. Aquí says:

first, LOVE the shoes you got, such great colors! Second, I'm so glad you took these photos from the protests, I can't believe how crazy its getting. I saw a picture of times square yesterday, yikes! What a powerful movement!

10. whitney says:

wow! those are incredible shots of the protesters! sounds like such a great weekend. love those colorful shoes too.

love your thrifting pics…looks like an awesome store.

12. Punctuation Mark says:

that protest is amazing… people are so tired and upset… and it's all over the world!

13. kristina@beancakes ★ says:

hi jillian ~ wow great photos here! the protesting does look quite intense! i'm sure it was because you were up close and personal. and wow ~ that sandwich is calling my name and i'm with you on the vintage things = way more interesting than brand new!!
    xx ~ ks

14. Erica M. says:

Awesome pictures. While I am not going to lie, I do not pay much attention to the news & the occupy wall street protests (I know I should), these pictures came out cool.

& I especially love those shoes!