my trip to st. lucia (part I)

I didn’t want my vacation to end!

St. Lucia was such a surprise for me. I had never expected this island to be so culturally rich, so beautifully lush and filled with such warm, welcoming people (apparently, this can be attributed to the makes-you-happy bananas, according to our lovely tour guide, Gilliana). And the food? Some of the best I’ve ever had.

I really do wish I could share ALL of my photos here, but instead I’ll only show a few of my faves (accompanied by some blurbs, of course).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The gorgeous garden and ocean view from our balcony. I truly could have gotten used to waking up to this every morning.

Big buffet-style breakfasts with sweet raspberry jam on toast, fresh local fruits, Canadian bacon and assorted cheeses started the days off perfectly.
Sunsets in the Caribbean are not to be missed.
The Pitons are the landmarks of the island and they are absolutely massive and breathtaking in person.

The local beer that was named after the famous mountains. The taste: think Bud.

Bob and I met another couple, Stephanie and Nick, that we immediately befriended. We spent so much time with them that we joked it was almost as if we took this trip together! Our memories with them make me smile.

There is no shortage of exquisite blooms and plants on this wonderful island.

On another note, I’ve missed you guys! As much as I wanted to keep vacationing, coming back home to my life feels really good. And I’m appreciating little things (like cable television!) much much more. What have you been up to?

26 responses to “my trip to st. lucia (part I)”

isn't it nice to take a vacation but be a bit happy to come back because your regular life is pretty good, too? i think so. glad your vacation was so amazing – love the pictures.

2. Jane says:

St Lucia looks like an amazing place! Sounds like you had the best time, I'm glad you did.

3. Felicia says:

what a view! the pitons look so beautiful. sounds like you had an amazing time!!

4. M@coffeeandkitsch says:

so glad you had a nice vacation – and what looks like perfect weather! i think i'm going to have to add st. lucia to my future vacation list.

5. Belly B says:

It looks like SO MUCH FUN. You take such beautiful pictures. The sunset is amazing.

Belly B :)

These pictures are beautiful – especially of the sunset! Sounds like you had an amazing time! :)

7. Elle Sees says:

Breathtaking. I've never been and want to go NOW

8. Erika Gregory says:

Simply gorgeous! We will be there in a few months. I can not wait. Thanks for sharing your photos.

9. Monica {bohemian twilight} says:

what a breathtaking view, such a gorgeous locale. and i'm a big fan of big buffet breakfasts lol

i'm glad you had such a fab time of it. nice to see you back.

10. Aquí says:

your photos are breath taking! I would love to visit! Can you believe I've never been to the Caribbean?! Those green, lush mountains are so gorgeous! So glad to have you back :)

11. Ashley says:

what a lovely vacation!! that breakfast looks AMAZING!!

12. yours truly, melissa says:

Looks like a great place to vacation! I'd love to go myself sometime …

Welcome home!

13. designedbyann says:

Love those photos! The sunset is amazing!!
    I was out of town for the weekend, went to a wedding and had a good time! It's nice to detox from the internet, blog, twitter etc every now and then!
    Anna

14. Erin Lian says:

I wish I could have seen that sunset it is stunning :) It looks so beautiful in ST. Lucia, love the breakfast shot too though 😛 looking forward to part 2! Time for a cupcake me thinks 😛

SWOON-what a gorgeous vacation! I feel like I'm right there, and boy do I need a little time away right now!

16. made-to-travel.com says:

Oh boy! Can't wait to see part 2…love meeting people on vacay!

IFB was good, I actually worked during a lot of it so missed some panels. But it was really nice to get together w/ some of the bloggy homies.

17. Janey R. says:

ahhh, looks like heaven! =) It's so nice that you met another couple there. Can't wait to see some more! =)

18. Ashley says:

ahhhh love this post!!! And travel pics get me all giddy 😀

St. Lucia looks beautiful…considered part of the bahamas, right? I must go!

19. Peiyinn says:

That's definitely a great place for vacation! Beautiful place. Your breakfasts look yummy.
    The sunset scenery is awesome!

20. PhotoPuddle says:

It looks beautiful. Glad you had such a lovely time.

21. Kel says:

Wow. St Lucia looks like paradise on earth!!

Lots of love from Sydney,

x Kel

the spring awakening

22. Meghan @ Wishful Thinking says:

Oh Jillian I am so jealous! It looks like the perfect holiday! I have been to the Caribbean a couple of times and these photos brought back such amazing memories of the sunsets there! Good to have you back though!

23. The PvdH Journal says:

St Lucia looks truly amazing and it looks like you had such a relaxing time! I'm looking forward to having a relaxing break like that (just cannot see wheeeen thats going to happen!)

24. classiq says:

So beautiful! It must have been a wonderful vacation. :)
    Ada

25. kristina@beancakes ★ says:

jillian ~ ah! these photos are so breathtaking and make me want to vacation right now, especially to st. lucia!! thanks for sharing my friend and have a great tuesday!!
    xx ~ ks

26. swiftlyinflight says:

Just above and beyond envious. St. Lucia is definitely on my list of vacations spots to hit. Your photos really captured how overwhelmingly stunning the island is…I can only imagine being totally verklempt being their in person.

And how fun to have been able to bond with another vacationing couple! And you'll always have St. Lucia to keep you connected!

Vacations are simply the best for rejuvenation and perspective.