adventures in weekending: sex education and roaming the park in purple pants

Last Saturday might have been the best day to be in the city.  Thanks to July 4th weekend, almost everyone was away, so it was empty (as empty as NYC can possibly get, anyway).  And it was lovely.  There were moments when it was just me and Bob and it felt as though this wonderful place was ours for the taking.

I could eat pizza everyday.  And that’s not even an exaggeration.

Though there were some point-and-laugh moments (helloooo, naughty Disney caricature!), The Museum of Sex turned out to be hugely fascinating and we spent more time reading up on the displays than we expected.  Definitely not for the easily offended, but recommended for people who are open-minded, crave tons of visual stimulation and need a few good laughs.

Try walking in these babies.
Madison Square Park is me and Bob’s old stomping grounds. Not only did we go to school together just a couple of blocks away, but we spent part of our first date here.
Meet Echo, sculpted after the artists’s nine year-old neighbor who is lost in her own peaceful thoughts.  She’ll be on display through August.  And no, the picture isn’t stretched out.
Me and my purple pants.  I heart them so much.  Not only because they’re purple, but because I only paid $9.97 for them (thank you holiday sales!).
And that makes me a very happy girl.

Find any good deals this weekend?  I think every store I walked into had a monster summer sale.

23 responses to “adventures in weekending: sex education and roaming the park in purple pants”

1. Ana Degenaar says:

So funny! Love the pants! xx

2. A says:

I just bought a necklace with a little charm shaped like a camera – it was only £1.50! Love your purple pants, they look very comfy too x

That's a pretty sweet deal! I don't think I've ever bought a cute necklace for less than $5 (which is still pretty good, anyway).

4. Dana says:

LOVE the title of this post 😉 good deals… hmmm… visited Serenbe farm here in GA and got an AWESOME deal on lunch at the Farmhouse Inn… no shopping for me otherwise! 😉 xo

5. Janey R. says:

LOVE your purple pants & Brooklyn tank! & that Echo sculpture is pretty cool..

6. Lidiya says:

I love all of these photos!! Your purple pants are so gorgeous and I hear NYC has some of the best pizza in the world =D

What a perfect weekend-I love when a big city empties out and you feel like you own the place! And the Museum of Sex looks pretty genius!

8. linnea paulina says:

Aww, I love your pictures from New York! I hope you had a fantastic 4th of July weekend… Houston felt the same way – empty! The city always gets like that on the weekends, though – very unlike NYC! Those shoes look like pointe high heels…. yikes! Hope your week is going well, Jillian!

i love the summer weekends in the city – everyone is gone, particularly holiday weekends. it's the best!

10. Judy says:

Oh I love those pants! I really love your photos – it looks like you had a fun Independence day weekend!

xx.
    Judy

11. Anna Walker says:

Those shoes are insane! Your pants are amazing, and ha Pizza isn't bad at all, would you eat the same type everyday…or try different styles?!

12. M@coffeeandkitsch says:

my former 'hood!

13. April says:

That pizza looks amazing! Om nom!

14. Aquí says:

looks like a wonderful weekend as always and I love that statue! So unique. You purple pants are awesome! I love the pale lilac color and the fact that they're cropped is also a plus!

15. jamie-lee says:

I had to do a double take on that sculpture! Insane. Loving your jeans dear x

16. Monica {bohemian twilight} says:

love pizza, but am a low-carber. fortunately, when i'm eating well i don't crave it.

i LOVE the idea of a quiet NYC, how wonderful.

there are tons of Summer sales here in UK, although i'm mostly thrift storing.

yay to purple. :)

Anna – I would most defnitely do a different kind everyday, although nothing beats a really good plain slice!

Thaks for all the compliments on the jeans everyone! I love them and it will probably be my summer uniform!

18. Meghan @ Wishful Thinking says:

I always love your NY pics! The other half and I also like to wonder around the empty city during the holidays and pretend we have it all to ourselves! Loving those jeans!

19. Asibi-Chanelia says:

I like your purple capri trousers. Red jeans are 'in' here at the moment. Got a £32 urban outfitters skirt for £10 and that made a very happy me.

20. designedbyann says:

I could eat pizza everyday too!!Love it! Your purple pants are lovely!Purple is one of my favorite colors :)
    By the way, I've given you the One Lovely Blog Award!Details here: http://designedbyann.wordpress.com/2011/07/10/one-lovely-blog-award/
    Anna

21. made-to-travel.com says:

i looooooove the feeling of an empty city. Madison Park is my favorite!!! My bf and I were dating undercover b/c we worked together and we totally got bagged there, lol. Our coworker was walking his cat, lol.

You look so cute in your purple pants!

Walking his cat? Is it just me or is that actually really funny?!

23. PhotoPuddle says:

Oh that pizza looks so good!!
    And how mad are those boots? I can walk in skyscraper heels but not sure I'd be able to manage them!