what’s your go-to summer look?

I’ve already started noticing that I have a pattern.  A makeup pattern, that is.  But instead of calling it a rut, I’m calling it my go-to summer daytime look!  As much as I love experimenting with colorful eye shadows and lipsticks, this is the look that I’m constantly coming back to because it’s natural, soft, easy and it takes all of 1 minute to do.

True story: a co-worker actually told me I had an “exquisite natural glow” about me.  I didn’t have the heart to tell her it was this blush! Haha.
A sheer coral that can be applied without a mirror.  One tip I have about shopping for Rimmel products: there is almost always a coupon for $1 or $2 off, so be sure to check out your weekly coupon inserts or The Krazy Coupon Lady for some savings.
Long, thick lashes are a must all year-round.

When dewy becomes too dewy.

Tell me, what comprises of your go-to look for this summer?  Or are you going au naturel?

27 responses to “what’s your go-to summer look?”

1. Ana Degenaar says:

Exactly that one! Y think we are soul mates!

Don't Forget this giveaway ends tomorrow!

2. Dallas Shaw says:

love the bright blush!!
    dallas

3. Pink Ronnie says:

I have a 'go to' look all year round: Clinique Almost Makeup powder and Garnier eye concealer. Brush the brows and that's it. Done!
    Ronnie xo
    p.s. You look beautiful, by the way!

Ronnie, thank you! I love Clinique makeup. I had a free sample of their foundation one time and fell in love with it! It just looked so natural.

Anna – We sure do good taste! Haha.

5. M@coffeeandkitsch says:

it looks great!

my main difference in the summer is bronzer – my skin goes from ghostly pale to actually looking healthy lol so i always have to add more color once i've been out in the sun. and bright lipstick (which i've only recently been experimenting with)

Haha, you didnt hear? Pale is the new black.

I love bronzer, especially Benefit's Hoola.

7. Michelle Lee says:

you look so pretty :)

pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

8. Cara says:

bobbi brown tinted moisturizer, pale pink cheek and lip stain, and givenchy mascara :)

9. Alexa says:

Ooo I love this! Mascara and Smith's Rosebud Salve are my musts.

Otherwise, it depends on my mood. The only products I own are a light powder for minimal coverage, a few eyeshadows, and an eyeliner, which I wear mostly in winter. I'm becoming more and more minimalist in summertime.

Thanks for sharing! It's so nice to see what other people do :)

10. classiq says:

I usually go for a very light and natural make-up: mascara, blush and a soft colour lipstick. :)Ada

11. hellotampon says:

I did pretty much the same thing this spring. I suddenly ditched my dark eyeliner that I'd been wearing for years and started using mascara and a bright blush.

Love this post! I like easy makeup for the summer time. If I have a nice sun-kissed face, I brush on tiny bit of powder and some thickening mascara and I'm good to go!

13. Janey R. says:

gorgeous pic of you! i love your blush.. my go-to's for summer are definitely Smith's Rosebud Salve, a lightweight tinted moisturizer, and a powder bronzer with SPF built in (Physician's Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50).

Janey, how did I know you were going to say Rosebud Salve? haha. I like the idea of a bronzer with SPF. I'll look into that…

15. mary shouvlin says:

gorgeous! love the coral lipstick, going to have to pick that up. and the clean & clear sheets are definitely a must! (although you know a good trick is the sanitary toilet covers in public bathrooms- they essentially do the same thing for blotting oil!)

16. Gloria says:

oil blotting papers are a lifesaver in the summertime! that shade of blush is so pretty – it looks gorgeous on you!

17. Aquí says:

I use the exact same Mac blush in Peaches. Its really good for us gals with fair skin! Love your natural look for summer. I think mine will comprise of the basics. When it gets hot, lots of makeup isn't pretty.

18. Bad Joan says:

A sun-kissed glow is a great way to wear makeup in the summer! Corals are so pretty too!

I'll confess to a daytime summer look, but the truth is that I wear it all year long! Tinted sunscreen, stila cream blush, a little mascara and a touch of brown liner and I look put together but never made up!

20. Andrea Reh says:

What a lovely, natural summer look.

Just discovered your blog through Pink Ronnie, and would love it if you popped by mine sometime.

Andrea x
    andreareh.blogspot.com

21. Carol {Everyday Delights} says:

Yes – I use those oil sheets too and I cant leave the house without them!

22. April says:

You look so beautiful! I have some new blush that I'm in love with for summer! That and mascara are all I need!

23. hearttypat says:

It's summer here all year here! I wish i can be bothered to keep using fresh colours and different techniques… sometimes i try, but now, my fave look is with my slim liquid eyeliner. I also love using the japanese brands makeup! They really last!.. despite the warm weather here!

24. Meghan @ Wishful Thinking says:

I think I tend to put a little too much make-up on during the day (habit of a lifetime from having teenage acne I guess). But I love your fresh and natural summer look, inspired to try it!

Mary – I didn't know that! That's actually a great tip and something that would work well in a pinch.

Pat – I'm jealous that you can work the liquid liner! I can't ever keep my hand steady long enough for it to look nice and sleek.

Thank you bunches for the lovely words everyone!

26. My Fashion Dolly says:

Hi Jillian, cool post! I love the Coral Shimmer lipstick, that's a great Summer color. xoxo

Rocio R.

27. Erin Lian says:

BRONZER! Corals are so pretty :)