summer, how do i love thee? let me count the ways

You’ve probably seen more than your fair share of summer-themed posts and articles already, but I couldn’t let another day go by without expressing my love for my favorite season..  Here are a few of the things I adore and a few things I’m looking forward to:

Summer fruits, especially for use in pies, jams and other desserts.  Yum.

Sunshine, of course! Gotta’ love that feel-good vitamin D.

Feeling the ocean wash over my feet.  And getting to take pictures like this.

An abundance of colorful blooms. They’re just so pretty.  And as I’ve said in my ‘About Me’, I’m a finder (and lover) of pretty things.
The return of the Jazz-Age Lawn Party! For a little taste of how much fun we had last year, check out part 1 and 2.

Balmy evenings on the beach.  Ideal for hand-holding, long talks and making wishes.

Fairs and festivals.  These make me feel like a kid again.  And I don’t ever feel guilty for eating too many zeppoles or deep-fried Oreos.  It’s like a rite of passage or something.

Shorts.  I don’t even mind that it means I have to start shaving regularly again.

Care to add any to the list?  Let me know what you’re looking forward to!

19 responses to “summer, how do i love thee? let me count the ways”

1. M@coffeeandkitsch says:

love the photos – the lawn party always looks so fun, but i've never been

2. Diana Mieczan says:

How fantastic..I so need to get some of those berries today:) Muah

Ps: I’m hosting a great summer GIVEAWAY later today! Don’t miss it:)

3. Monica {bohemian twilight} says:

fab things to love. totally with you on the berries! digging that jazz age party, how fun is that.

4. ChinkyGirLMeL says:

I love love love summer. I love sippin on a cool fruity shake on hot summer day. I love wearing flirty girly summer dress and I love the ocean breeze. yey for summer. Happy summer sweetie.

5. Ana Degenaar says:

I can only sigh! How wonderful. Double sigh.

6. made-to-travel.com says:

Hahahahahahaha, shaving bit had me laughing!!! Word, the only tedious part of summer.

I can not wait to step in sand too!!! And hellloooo Jazz Lawn Party! I guess I did not know you then! But looks like so much fun.

Jillian, why are you not on twitter?

7. Caroline says:

I seriously LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog. And do not worry I have not forgotten about your jam … it will get to you at some point :)
    And, thanks for all of your encouraging comments. Enjoy your day!! XOXO!

8. Gloria says:

i love seeing all the summery posts on everyone's blogs these days :-) that lawn party looks like SO much fun!!

9. cailen ascher says:

that jazz-age lawn party looks totally fabulous!

10. Erin Lian says:

I want a jazz age lawn party! I would add Pimms and greek salad :)

Raspberry, Jazz Age parties-oh my! What a wonderful way to spend the summer! I'd also like to add to the list: popsicles. Just the occasional one, because they're so damn dreamy!

12. audrey marie says:

i cant wait to visit the farmers market and have a couple picnics in the park!

13. words says:

Nice pictures! 😉
    I invite you to me.

14. Pink Ronnie says:

Hearing crickets chirp at night and mango smoothies!!!

15. Magdalena Viktoria says:

whooaaaa, I LOVE the lawn party!! so so awesome.

and the picture of you with the sunglasses on here is so cool. chic lady!

these are so good. love summer so much.

Mel – Fruity shakes! I forgot that one! And icy drinks too. Currently, I'm loving the strawberry lemonade from McD's.

Lena – Popsicles for sure. That's definitely something that's exclusive to summer. Having a popsicle in the wonter just isn't the same.

Erin – Greek salads are so yummy. Haven't had one in a while. They're just so fresh-tasting (i.e. perfect summer salad).

Audrey Marie – I love the farmer's markets too. And I also love that the selection is so much larger than in the supermarket. I can never find figs or mangoes in the supermarket!

Pink Ronnie – The crickets are a surefire way of knowing summer is here. I get kind of skeeved out if I'm outside and I hear them. But if I'm inside and I hear them chirping, then I'm fine because there's a divider between us. hahah!

Thank you everyone! That Jazz Age party really was a great time. And I'm hoping I don't miss out this year. Stay tuned!

18. Aquí says:

your list makes me love summer even more! I think the lawn part is a fantastic idea! I would love a little sunshine here too! Its been raining like crazy!

19. Claire says:

love these pics :) I can't wait for all our camoing trips ahhhh sun and Pimms x