adventures in weekending: lunch in the sun and cheap designer duds

The weather was so perfect last weekend.  It was that kind of weather where it was sunny, breezy, not too hot, not too cold–just perfect for spending the day outside.  So naturally, me and Bob took our Saturday lunch outdoors.

Caffe del Mare is me and Bob’s go-to spot for lunch (and dinner).  Simply one of the best Italian restaurants in the city (according to us).  Bob grew up with Italian home-cooking, so for him to love this place says a lot.

Refreshing mango sorbet to cap off a filling lunch. Every spoonful made me happy.
Taking a break in the park, right before little drops of rain started to fall and I started to freak out because my hair isn’t naturally straight.  Meaning: frizz city.  So not cute!

And the weekend ended on a high note because I found this pretty tank top at Kohl’s (the picture doesn’t do it justice) from Lauren Conrad’s line.  Did you know she released a line for Kohl’s?  I had no idea, but if you’re into fun and flirty, check it out.

And speaking of which, I think it’s really cool when designers create lines for stores like Target, H&M and Kohl’s.  I’m not big on wearing designer clothing, but I find that they bring new styles and a fresh perspective (remember Rodarte for Target?).  Sans the hefty price tag.  Now that’s something I can totally get behind.

15 responses to “adventures in weekending: lunch in the sun and cheap designer duds”

1. Ana Degenaar says:

Perfect weekend! That looks delish and you look gorg.
    Happy Monday!

2. taio says:

delicioso post

3. Regan says:

Oh gosh…..that pasta and that mango sorbet look amazing!

4. Anait says:

Mmmmmm you've got me craving some mango now! And I love the color of that tank top :)

5. Caroline says:

I love Navy Blue anything right now. LOVING your photos and that sorbet looks like it came straight from heaven. I have a jar of jam coming your way as I will be sending it out tomorrow!!!!! XO! You are gorgeous by the way.

6. Radiant.MakeUp says:

gorgeous :)
    thanks for sharing!! x

7. Aquí says:

what a wonderful weekend! Both your lunch and dessert look amazing and I really love the top! I had no idea Lauren Conrad released a line for Kohls! I love when I find designer brands at places like that! One of my favorite pieces are some tuxedo skinny pants when Jil Sanders did a collaboration with Target!

I've loved every piece I've seen from Lauren Conrad's line at Kohl's. I really need to go in and check it out! And that Italian food looks great!

This looks like such a wonderful weekend-and a delicious lunch! I'm a big fan of designer collaborations, but I'm also a sucker for serious vintage hunting!

Ana and Caroline – Thank you very much! You ladies are so sweet.

Lena – Vintage hunting is the best! I'm definitely with you on that. And what's great about it is that you know you won't see another woman wearing the same thing.

11. made-to-travel.com says:

Gawsh I've been dying to go! I've heard really good things about Caffe del Mare and your food looks delicious.

You look so pretty! Yeah I knew about LC's line, it looked pretty darn cute in images but I heard mixed reviews on the pieces in real life. So glad to hear positive things from you b/c the price point is so good.

12. Courtney B says:

Perfect weekend!! And that tank is adorable!! Love it!

13. Nicole says:

That is such a cute tank top!

oh gosh thanks for sharing that restaurant find! i am obsessed with gnocchi and that looks amazing. i'll have to check it out soon!

15. M@coffeeandkitsch says:

i always have the best luck at kohl's – every so often i find a cute vera wang piece there