i’ve been very bad

I had a mini chocolate-peanut butter cupcake from Starbucks this afternoon.  Oh, it was heavenly.

Then when I left work, a cupcake truck was giving out free(!) cupcakes.  And I couldn’t help myself…again.

I blame this damn sweet tooth of mine.  Like clockwork, every afternoon around 2-3pm, I have this craving for sweets.  Do you ever get a craving for something sweet (or salty) around a certain time?  Ever indulge?

14 responses to “i’ve been very bad”

1. Caroline says:

You obviously saw my sweet and salty post …. mmm chocolate caramels … looks like we are two peas in a pod. And, YES I indulge a lot but moderate on other days as it is all about balance. Good for you on indulging :) Jam shall be coming your way shortly!! XO!

Those salted caramels you posted about had me drooling! I think it's great to indulge once in a while. However, I've been indulging all week! Very very bad. I usually like to save that for the weekends.

3. coffeeandkitsch says:

i usually crave one after the other, creating an awful catch 22! but i've found that trader joe's sea salt brownies are the perfect combination of the two

4. SE says:

I keep mini snickers around at all times, every afternoon after eating dinner I want one! Or two, or three…

5. Aquí says:

love cupcakes! My favorite dessert ever, especially with peanut putter and chocolate!!

6. made-to-travel.com says:

You should NEVER turn down a free cupcake. Now THAT would be bad, friend.

7. I am Megan says:

Don't feel guilty! Cupcakes for the win!

8. the nyanzi report says:

do not feel guilty at all. enjoy your life.

9. Erin Lian says:

I am terrible, I have the worst sweet tooth in the world! I have to have something sweet with every meal, even breakfast! I don't think you should feel too bad 'cause it was a MINI cupcake…

coffeeandkitsch – sea salt brownies sounds like heaven! Next time I'm in Trader Joe's, I'm picking these up. Thanks!

SE – I love mini Snickers, too. I never buy the whole bar because after a while, it just tastes like junk to me. But in moderation, it's so good!

Aqui – Cupcakes are definitely in the top tier of my favorite desserts as well!

Jamillah – Oh, I will never turn down a free anything. Especially cupcakes!

Megan and Nyanzi – I guess I don't feel so guilty now. After hearing feedback from all you cupcake supporters, I feel better about myself. Ha!

Erin – Wow, you do love your sweets! A sweet breakfast like waffles and maple syrup or jam on toast can be really delicious and gratifying…

11. theeclecticlife says:

Jillian, it doesn't sound like you were doing anything wrong at all! What's even better is that you hardly spent anything on 1 and 1/2 cupcakes. Sounds heavenly! I haven't tried the Starbucks peanut butter one yet, but I'll have to upon your recommendation!

12. Leslie *Fresh Out of Lemons* says:

My philosophy in life– never turn down free food. Especially a free cupcake!

And I have to, have to, have to have a little something sweet after dinner. :)

13. Sam {fitnessfoodandfaith.blogspot.com} says:

mine is terrible :(

i wrote a post on sugar today…but i'm a bit of a hypocrit, because i just can't get enough sweet!

14. CookingGirl says:

oh you are lucky to have the craving in the afternoon!!snacking at that time is not bad!i have it usually at around 8 or 9pm. and it is so hard to resist! if i even resist…:)