adventures in weekending

I desperately needed to get some serious spring cleaning done last weekend.  Clothes needed to be given away, magazines needed to be recycled, junk needed to be thrown out.  But of course, that didn’t happen.  Instead, here are a few bits of what did happen:

Downing a few happy hour beers before going to see Wonderland on Broadway (amazing show!)

Fun with my loving nephew.  We played “Floaty Balloon”, which is just a fun way of saying we bounced the balloon in the air for as long as we could!
I’m just now getting into Harry Potter.  I bought the first 3 books at a flea market last summer for under $1 each!  At the moment, I’m reading the third book, Prisoner of Azkaban.
My neighbor’s dog, Lucky is the most affectionate and loveable little thing (he even gives me hugs!).  He makes these cute grunty noises that I just adore.

My current addiction: kale chips.  I’ve been making these every Sunday.

Get anything done this weekend (unlike me)?

17 responses to “adventures in weekending”

1. Meghan @ My Wishful Thinking says:

I had big plans for the weekend, I was going to rescue the plants that I am slowly killing (not on purpose), clear out cupboards, clean fridge (oh the glamour) etc but ended up doing nothing! It was kinda nice but now I am feeling the guilt! I love the floaty balloon game, the bf and I play it often (although we are in our mid twenties…)!

2. vintch says:

looks like such a fun weekend! i've been dying to try kale chips. this week might just be it. those look delish!

3. Gabriella {sensiblyluxe} says:

Too funny! Sometimes plans jus get waylaid like that. Your nephew is adorable.

4. Hannah {Culture Connoisseur} says:

I didn't get much done either…unless going to a wedding counts. Love this pics of your nephew…what a cutie!

5. Diana Mieczan says:

That puppy photo totally melted my heart..Sounds like a great weekend to me, sweetie. Happy Monday:) Muah

P.S: I'm hosting an amazing Fischer's dress Giveaway Reloaded today! Don't miss it!

6. Felicia says:

I love the floating balloon game. I definitely played it a lot when I was younger… actually if you give me a balloon now, i would still play it!

7. Caroline says:

I love love love Kale Chips!! MMM!

8. Aquí says:

wonderful pictures! Really they're all greta, looks like a great weekend! I would LOVE if you did a little recipe sharing with those kale chips! They look great!

9. Sam {fitnessfoodandfaith.blogspot.com} says:

kale chips are my new fave too!! can't get enough of them :)

10. Alena says:

I always have a huge to-do list that never seems to get done :) We just started making kale chips too and I love them. Oh, and your nephew is the cutest!!

What a wonderful weekend-sometimes you just need to enjoy the days off! I celebrated a bride to be and attending a recital or two John played on Saturday, but Sunday was pure, unadulterated laziness, and neither of us could get enough!

12. Valerie says:

Can we talk about how Mason need his own TV show because he is just so cute?

13. The Many Colours of Happiness says:

It looks so fun!! Your nephew is just the cutest :) And Harry Potter is the best, I'm so glad you have started reading it!! Hmm…I'm still too scared to try kale chips, they look so wrong!

Meghan – Haha, it's totally okay! I only used my nephew as an excuse to play "Floaty Balloon"!

Lena – Sundays are perfect for laziness. I'm overdue for a lazy Sunday.

Valerie – I completely agree! You should hear some of the stuff this kid says. He's like like a wise crackin' old man.

Kaylia – I'm loving the books so far! And don't be afraid to try kale chips–they're delicious (and very addictive). They're not at all bitter like you may think.

Everyone – thank you for saying such nice things about my nephew. He's such a sweetie pie.
    And it looks like a ton of people share my love for kale chips. Gotta' love those greens!

15. Angel Garcia says:

If you like the movies, you will enjoy the books! So much better. Ah, that beer looks delicious!

~Angel

16. Roxy Heart says:

Your nephew and neighbor's dog are so cute!!
    Thanks for your comment.
    Maybe we can follow each other?

17. Erin Lian says: