adventures in weekending: al fresco brunching and backyard laziness

One of the best things about spring?  Outdoor brunching! Specifically on biscuits drenched in sausage gravy, hash browns and french toast.

Headed over to the Buffalo Exchange for some thrifty threads, but this particluar trip proved to be fruitless (booo).  Ever have one of those days when you just can’t find a single thing?  So frustrating!
Then we happened upon a store called Junk, that I probably wouldn’t have looked twice at if it weren’t for Bob.  He coaxed me in and I’m so glad because there were so many interesting items to browse through.  Every 5 seconds, we were all, “You gotta’ see this!” or “I forgot this even existed!”.

If there are books, you can bet you’ll find my boyfriend in that section.
Every warm day warrants an ice cold beverage.  A frozen strawberry lemonade from Mickey D’s did the trick.
Enjoying that with a few magazines and discussions about the impending end of the world in Bob’s backyard.

And speaking of which…somehow I’m not surprised that no one was “raptured” on Saturday.  Just sayin’.

23 responses to “adventures in weekending: al fresco brunching and backyard laziness”

1. Isabel says:

Outdoor brunching is certainly the best. I couldn't agree with you more. The weather is so perfect now! Love it. Oh, and I heard so much about this frozen strawberry lemonade from McDonald's. I must try it. Seems like everyone loves it! Glad you had a great weekend!

It is delicious. I try to stay away from McDonald's but I had a coupon for a free lemonade so I couldn't pass that up!

3. M@coffeeandkitsch says:

great photos – buffalo exchange is always fun to browse through – now if only the gray skies would disappear and it can start feeling like summer for more than half a day!

Seriously! I hope the abundance of clouds and rain is not an early prediction of how the summer will be!

5. Erin Lian says:

Oh man these pictures made me incredibly hungry! Your photos are great! Brunch is basically the best thing ever, especially outside, it makes me feel refined 😛 I do have days where I can't find ANYTHING but sadly for my bank balance it is not often enough :(

6. Kristy says:

Yummy! I know that McD's isn't usually "fine dining" but do they ever make a delish drink! Looks like you had a fantabulous weekend :) x

myheartstumbles.blogspot.com

7. Hannah {Culture Connoisseur} says:

Love those biscuits and gravy. Such a yummy way to start the day. And that face in the old shop is genuinely scary. I think I need some counseling now.

I've been wanting to try McDonald's frozen strawberry lemonade! sounds so refreshing!

9. Caroline says:

What a great weekend!!!! XO!

10. Janey R. says:

sounds like the perfect weekend to me! :) i've been meaning to try that frozen strawberry lemonade.. looks refreshing. :) i LOVE your last pic… soooo sweet..

11. made-to-travel.com says:

Ohhhh my gawsh…where is that brunch?! I want to know them!

Love Buffalo Exchange, there's one in the East Village too, but I definitely prefer the will-b minus the fitting room lines which are always a madhouse.

Junk is a cuuuuuute place! Time sucking store, for sure!

12. Diana Mieczan says:

I love spending weekends outdoors too and your photos are so cool! Glad you had fun, sweetie
    Happy Monday

Ps: I’m hosting a cute scarf GIVEAWAY today! Just in time for summer!

13. Leslie says:

i love backyard laziness, and certainly love the fact that no one was raptured :-) LOL

14. Brookelyn says:

I love brunch. I think it's my favorite meal of the day! And I now want to try that strawberry lemonade!

15. Kirstin Marie says:

I love your photos!! I definitely agree that outdoor brunching is awesome in spring time…it's just too hot here to eat outside now!

xo,

Kirstin Marie

16. Aquí says:

the brunch looks amazing! Which buffalo did you visit? The on in Manhattan? I have only ever found one good thing there, not the best store for such an amazing city. Happy to finally see bob :)

17. Leslie *Fresh Out of Lemons* says:

The weekend summer heat in Georgia warranted a (ok, two) cherry icees from Burger King for me!

18. Sam {fitnessfoodandfaith.blogspot.com} says:

what an awesome weekend! loving all the pics and eats :)

What a wonderful weekend-that brunch looks absolutely heavenly!!

Jamillah – This is at Matchless in bk. They make suuuuch good biscuits and gravy. Their hash browns are pretty slammin' too!

Sara – I went to the one in Brooklyn. They had some good stuff, but it wasn't clothing that I loved and had to have. I felt average about it.

Leslie – those Burger King icees are so yummy. I like the frozen Cokes, although I made a promise to myself I wouldn't drink any more soda!

21. Alena: Oh, It's Just Perfect! says:

Oh, how I love brunch!! That store looks like so much fun. I love those types of stores where you can spend hours just looking at the stuff!! Oh, and super cute shoes!

22. Euniece Santiago says:

i agreee! every warm day should involve a delish refreshing cold drink!! and im right there with you, totally not surprised no one was 'raptured' 😉

23. Miss Aa says:

i heart your shoes..nice one :)

Regards,