friday!

• i told bob i wish i could be like alice in wonderland and have a conversation with the flowers.  he just laughed at me.  i think he thought i was joking.

• as part of the movement for healthier school lunches, a principal in chicago has banned brown-bag lunches!  now, i completely understand wanting kids to eat healthier.  i think it’s a worthy cause, for sure. but there is no reason why you should not have the choice to bring your own lunch.  what do you think about this?

• fun things to do on a rainy day.  love this list!  i would intentionally stay in on a sunny day to bake cookies, have a film festival, play the one-word game and have an indoor camping trip all in one day.  because i can!

• happy weekend!

20 responses to “friday!”

1. Felicia says:

how funny! just the other day I was listening to the song in Alice in Wonderland where all the flowers are singing to her. :) I love the "butter-flies" with buttered toast wings!

Have a great weekend.

i remember that! i always wanted to eat those butterflies, haha.

now, i want to watch alice in wonderland again! as much as i love tim burton and johnny depp, the new version doesn't hold a candle to the disney one.

3. Hannah {Culture Connoisseur} says:

No more packed lunches?! That's crazy! My mom made us the healthiest packed lunches growing up. Healthier than their "healthy" lunch I'm sure.

4. Hannah {Culture Connoisseur} says:

5. theeclecticlife says:

Hey Jill! I've been playing catch up this week with everyone's blogs and it looks as if you've had a fun thrifting experiencing, found some gorgeous jewelry, you've been eating well and talking to flowers. Love it all! I, too, am not a fan of those shirts for men. Bleh! Happy Friday!

6. Aquí says:

thats my favorite part of the movie :) Lovely Friday post!

7. Ashleigh says:

Those t-shirt comments ARE hilarious!! I hadn't heard about the Chicago principal…according to Jamie Oliver school lunch isn't much better?!
    I love Real Simple – what a fun day!!
    Have a lovely weekend!

8. Alena says:

Loved reading all the links – especially the t-shirt one! Haha. Have a wonderful weekend Jillian!

I think disallowing brown bag lunches seems crazy-but then again, I'm not sure every parent is quite as diligent about healthy eating! Enjoy your weekend!

ashleigh, i was thinking the same thing. exactly how "healthy" are those school lunches?

enjoy the weekend, everyone! i'll be speaking to you soon!

11. made-to-travel.com says:

re: brown bag lunches…that is ooooddd. i'm sorry, i feel like this should be an option especially for people who observe dietary restrictions due to beliefs or health. i mean, i don't remember my school's lunches being healthier than the one i brought from home.

re man tees: YES! STOP IT PLEASE PLEASE! and comments ARE funny.

Thanks for sharing! Have a great weekend!

12. Signe says:

Lol, that is indeed one hideous t-shirt! If Cas showed up in that it would end up in the trash :)

haha! agreed! if my bf wore that shirt, i'd refuse to leave the house with him. thankfully, he has better sense 😉

14. Julie Khuu says:

Beautiful florals for a beautiful weekend…Love the simple sentiment from fresh flowers…always surround yourself with nature and you'll always be smiling 😀

Btw- Haute Khuuture just turned 1 so I'm hosting my very first HUGE giveaway…I'd love to see you stop by if you have a moment 😀

Happy Weekend!

xo-Julie

Haute Khuuture Blog

15. Mary ♥ Mur says:

♥nice post.)) love your blog♥

16. Linda [the young curator] says:

hahaha those shirts (and comments) are hilarious. i hate shirts like that!

and that list of fun things to do on a rainy day is great. definitely going to be having a film festival with friends asap :]

17. Gabriella {sensiblyluxe} says:

Loved this edition. Sent your Flip camera article for the fiance to read. I'm even looking forward to a rainy day now!

18. LyddieGal says:

I think banning home lunch is the worst idea ever. Spoken as someone who took school lunch maybe twice over the 12 years of public schooling…

I think parents need to be responsible for giving their children healthy lunches, kids are only eating five meals a week at school – that is less than 1/3 of all the food they are eating. If the parents are feeding their children unhealthy food for the other 16 meals, then what difference is it going to make?
    And what about the cost? Forcing parents to pay seems completely wrong.
    And then their are the children who were like me, and would not touch a styrofoam tray with a 10 foot pole.
    AND the time! waiting in line for hot lunch took almost half the time, with every kid having to wait, some will surely not even have enough time to eat their food once they've gotten it.

Sooo… sorry for the rant, but I think that principal is being absurd.

Chic on the Cheap

you raise such a great point! if parents are teaching their kids unhealthy habits at home, they're very likely to carry that with them through adulthood, regardless of how "healthy" these school lunches are.

i never cared for those lunches myself. at that time, it wasn't so much a health factor, as it was just that school lunches tasted terrible! i can still remember the chicken patty sandwiches, that i'm pretty sure wasn't real chicken. ick.

20. Annie says:

thnx for the comment jillian :)
    lovely white flowers. see ya!