adventures in weekending

last weekend was one of those when i didn’t get a moment of rest.  i went to bed late, woke up early and was on energizer bunny mode in between.  and i’m paying for it now.  so…exhausted.

but in retrospect, i think, it’s worth it.  because monday through friday is work time. and saturday to sunday is me time (read: fun time).  so i always try to make the most of it.  here are some noteworthy snippets:

a visit to breeze, a trendy thai-french restaurant that me and bob happened upon.  the food was outrageously good and beautifully plated.  here, we have crisp golden bags with sweet chili sauce and duck breast de paris with butternut squash dumplings (my taste buds did a little happy dance!).
finally finding the perfect peach blush at the mac counter made me very happy!
rain makes for very lovely pictures.
and in honor of national grilled cheese month, i made a grilled gruyere and cheddar cheese sandwich.  gruyere is my new favorite cheese.

found this bracelet at target for less than $7.  love my bargains!

10 responses to “adventures in weekending”

1. Cara says:

wow! i never tried to mix a cheddar and gruyere cheese sandwich! mmm

2. theeclecticlife says:

Jillian, please forgive my blog absence. You have clearly been up to so many fun things! I have to say too that your new profile pic is FAB! You look gorgeous. I'd love to see it in its actual size if at all possible. Okay, my mind is totally slipping. Where do you live again? Because if I ever visit your city, I'm going to need to visit Breeze!

3. Gabriella {sensiblyluxe} says:

I love thai food but have never seen it presented quite so prettily. Looks as delicious as you made it sound.

4. Caroline says:

I went to Gruyere Switzerland two years ago, and I am headed back in September, and let me just say Gruyere the town and the cheese are quite frankly incredible. Lets meet some day as I think we might have the same tastes when it comes to food … Thai food is my favorite!!!!!!!!! XO!

5. amy b.s. says:

all that food looks amazing! and i too just found a bargain leather wrap bracelet and love it!

6. Hannah {Culture Connoisseur} says:

Love the rain pic! And I'm jealous you can wear peach! I can wear coral….but peach… no way jose!

vivien – haha, it's quite alright! and thank you so much for the wonderful compliment! and if you visit nyc, then you must try breeze. it was just too yummy for words.

caroline – i'm so jealous! can you put me in your pocket and let me come to gruyere with you? and i would love to meet someday! i think we have a lot in common :)

hannah – i'm jealous you can wear coral! for some reason, it just ends up looking extra pink on me (i guess i need to find the right shade).

This looks like an absolutely DELICIOUS weekend! I'm a little embarrassed to admit to my all-encompassing laziness on most weekends, but it's always great when you get to enjoy those days off in a big way!

9. Alena says:

The food options – yum!! And finding the perfect blush is an exciting find. Looks like a fabulous weekend :)

10. Anait says:

What a lovely weekend…..and yes, the rain makes for good pictures, but after two weeks of it straight, I've decided it is time for a little sun.