these days are made for walking

it’s fun to do and try new things.  but sometimes, it’s just as fun to stick with what you know.

bob and i have done the whole “stop at levain bakery and walk to central park” bit (past post here), but it was such a gorgeous day for walking, that we decided to do it again.  and it was lovely.

my favorite is the dark chocolate chocolate chip.  gooey, warm, soft and oh-so chocolatey.  these are what dreams are made of.
every time we go through the park, we walk through  a new area we haven’t yet explored.  this particular stretch is known as strawberry fields.  it’s a quiet zone, meaning no loud music, bike-riding, etc.  it was this area that john lennon walked through, while on his way home on march 26, 1981.

spring is springing!
i love to people-watch.  we witnessed men in too-short shorts, a woman falling off her bike (yikes!), an elderly couple in a horse drawn carriage that smiled back at us, cartwheeling kids and cigar-smoking yuppies.

did you have a great weekend?

10 responses to “these days are made for walking”

1. Brittany H. says:

That cookie looks divine! And where is the man in the shorts?? Sounds like a great afternoon.

X,

unfortunately, i didn't get the picture of the short-shorts guy. it's a shame because it was a sight to see, for sure!

3. Gabriella {sensiblyluxe} says:

That cookie looks delicious! I treated myself to giant mint crinkles this weekend. Yum. Not much walking, but it was a lot of fun (can't really go wrong with bottles of wine and friends). Yours sounds really nice and relaxing though! Maybe next weekend.

sharing wine with friends sounds perfect to me!

5. ...with ♥, Amber says:

I am a people watcher as well, not in a stalkerish kind of way, people fascinate me.

6. the chirpy bird says:

OMG! Dreams are right…. holy heck that ooey gooey choc chips goodness is making my mouth water!
    Your pics of the park are gorgeous too :)
    xx tash

7. The Many Colours of Happiness says:

Thank you for the comment :) What a wonderful weekend!!! That cookie looks amazing. And I LOVE that the place was called 'strawberry fields', I would love to live in a place called that one day :)

8. Caroline says:

Heaven!!!

9. Heart Charlie says:

Oh my god!! That first photo is DELICIOUS!

10. Tanja @ Postmodern Hostess says:

The last couple times I've visited New York, I've tried to find Strawberry Fields (big Beatles fan over here), including last August while on a marathon training run, but I've never succeeded! And normally I'm pretty good with navigation. :-)

This weekend was not exactly relaxing, but it was still a GREAT weekend because we finished the kitchen!

Hope your week is off to a great start!

xoxo,