daylight dinners, eavesdropping and teeny things

creamiest goat cheese tart
wild mushroom ravioli with truffle oil
spicy cavatelli with broccoli rabe and sausage

pasta at our favorite italian restaurant, caffe del mare, always hits the spot.  there isn’t a bad or mediocre meal at this place.  bob and i figured out the best time to dine is during the late afternoon/early evening because there are less people and an easier, relaxed atmosphere. easy makes me happy.

i spied a couple that may have been on their first date.  and judging by their body language, it all seemed to be going well until the guy started flirting with the hostess for about 10 minutes!  i enjoy guessing what the relationships are between complete strangers.  sometimes, i feel like asking just to see if i’m right about them.  i say it’s interesting.  others may call this nosy.

our day also included:

tiny cars,
tiny cupcakes (chocolate and red velvet),
snapshots of us
and the best weekend happy hour i’ve known.

how was the weekend for you?

15 responses to “daylight dinners, eavesdropping and teeny things”

1. Isabel says:

Weekend was quite awesome! Didn't do much, but that was the best part. That wild mushroom ravioli with truffle oil looks utterly amazing. Must make, but I doubt it'll turn out that good!

2. Isabel says:

3. Sonia says:

Adorable weekend :) My beef (boyfriend in my language haha) works Saturdays so the weekends are seriously hindered but thats a great reason to make Sunday that much better!

In Pursuit of Style

4. Sonia says:

In Pursuit of Style

5. Gabriella {sensiblyluxe} says:

Sounds like a memorable weekend! I esp. love the tiny cars and tiny cupcakes part–did you have the cupcakes in the car? That would have been so precious!

6. kitten roar says:

oh my god, that ravioli just made me even more hungry than i already am at this moment. looks soooo good!

7. Tanja @ Postmodern Hostess says:

Both of those pasta dishes look delish. And that snapshot of you is great!

The most notable part of my weekend was standing in the cold, relentless rain on Sunday, handing out water at the LA Marathon. It was tough, for sure, but so hard to get out of the rain when thousands of people were working so hard and keeping their spirits high while running 26.2 in that rain. Really inspiring to behold!

8. Anait says:

What a great weekend! That red velvet cupcake is making me drool!

My weekend was relaxing…spent it cozying up to my bf :)

9. Brittany H. says:

Oh! I love in this post where you talk about watching strangers and trying to see what their relationships are like. It's always interesting to catch people who are first dating.

And that Italian food looks de-lish!
    Have a great day!
    X

10. magdalena viktoria says:

Mmm, everything looks so delicious!

11. the southern hostess says:

That meal looks amazing! Great photos!

I'm absolutely drooling about all your delicious adventures! I agree, there are few things better than guessing the details of strangers' relationships-hope she got out of there after the hostess-flirting disaster!

13. Caroline says:

That goat cheese tart looks incredible and what a great shot! Oh and by the way, you are gorgeous!! XO!

thank you so much for all of your wonderful comments and compliments! looks like everyone else's weekend was pretty great as well. here's to more!

15. donna says:

as always your food pics are amazing. love the pic of bob near the tiny car, makes him look about 8 feet tall. if you saw the movie date night with tina fey and steve carrell, there is a scene where they are in a restaurant trying to figure out other situations of other people dining there.