creamy guacamole

i guess making guacamole doesn’t exactly count as cooking (like i promised i would start this year), but it’s one of those dishes that’s so easy to make, yummy to devour, very healthy and surprisingly filling, so i’m not really hung up on the cooking aspect so much.  bob and i based the recipe on one that we found in the hungry girl 1-2-3 cookbook:

• two avocadoes
  • a quarter cup of lowfat greek yogurt
  • four teaspoons of lemon juice
  • a half teaspoon of minced garlic
  • a half teaspoon of garlic powder
  • a half teaspoon of cumin
  • a half teaspoon of chili powder
  • salt and pepper, to taste

i really like the addition of the greek yogurt.  it made it extra creamy.  i read in eat this, not that that greek yogurt and avocadoes are two superfoods that should be consumed daily for optimal health.  i love avocadoes.  but greek yogurt will probably post more of a challenge for me.  since i’m not crazy about eating it straight from the package, i’m considering other ways to incorporate it into my diet (suggestions are welcome!).

6 responses to “creamy guacamole”

1. AbbieBabble says:

Oh man, now I want some guacamole. That's a totally acceptable midmorning snack, right?

I'd never thought to add Greek yogurt before, but it looks delicious!

2. Tanja @ Postmodern Hostess says:

What a great idea to use Greek yogurt in the guacamole! I have used fat-free sour cream in the past, but I love your idea so much more.

I love Greek yogurt, but I eat the fat-free plain, which has a far less strong flavor than the kind with even one or two percent fat. And I find that a little Splenda makes a big difference! If you still can't do the flavor, maybe stir in a tiny drop of the fruit jam of your choice???

fruit jam sounds yummy! i wonder why i never thought of that before? i'll try it!

4. Caroline says:

YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!

5. Becca says:

hey, cooking is making the food you want to eat, right?

guacamole totally works!

6. christine, just bella says:

loooooove guacamole!! I'm going to have to try your recipe, sound delish.