wanting a new camera

my point-and-shoot has served me well.  for a small Kodak digital camera that’s a few years old, it takes some nice quality pictures.  i’ve seen some pictures taken on so-called “better” cameras, and i’ve gotta’ say my little Kodak puts them to shame!  which is why i’m going to keep using it every once in a while.

but i’m in the market for a digital slr.  bob owns a Nikon D3000 and the images just come out so crisp and clean.  i’ve used it a number of times and it honestly feels like the way a camera should feel.  i’m not a pro photographer but i just feel so…legit (?) holding it.

so i’ve had my eye on the same camera.  it’s the most user-friendly out of the Nikon bunch, but it still takes great pictures.  most, if not all, reviews are favorable.  and the price can’t be beat (i found it for almost $100 less than the retail price on the official site!).

what are your thoughts?

[photo: clement livolsi]

9 responses to “wanting a new camera”

1. Signe says:

Don't know much about cameras, but I've had a Canon EOS 1000D for some time and I'm very happy with it! Pretty affordable as well :)

hmmm…i'll have to look into that.

3. britni @ Antika Moda says:

I'm also in the market for a new camera (admittedly, my husband knows more about equipment than me) so I don't think I'd be of much help to you :)
    BUT, I just adore your blog! I've been browsing around and I think we have a lot in common!! Happy to be your newest follower ♥♥♥

thank you so much, britni! i'm so happy to have you! <3

5. Stevie says:

I know a few people with the Nikon D3000 and love it. Like you, I've learned the ins and outs of my little point and shoot so I can now get some great pictures out of it, but I've been wanting something a little more advanced lately! Let us know if you end up buying it!

6. Indie.Tea says:

I know that I like Nikons, I have the D90, and its very easy to use and takes beautiful crisp pictures.

7. Cynthia says:

How much does the camera cost? Maybe if you wait long enough (and you've been a good girl), Santa will give it to you.

i'll definitely keep you posted on what i end up buying. thanks for all of your input!

9. Tanja @ Postmodern Hostess says:

We have a Nikon DSLR, and I have a couple of little point-and-shoots, and despite the increase in quality (ranging from huge to slight, depending on which point-and-shoot I'm comparing the big Nikon to), I hardly ever find it worthwhile to carry the big camera around with me, and mostly use it for photography around the house.

I recently got this little Panasonic Lumix, and I love love LOVE it. Honestly, I rarely find myself wanting the big camera, and this little guy was soooo much less $$.

xoxo,